Organic Food & Bread?

seeker108

All bread is made from and contains "chemicals"

How is bread made without "chemicals" ?

Can, on a blind tasting the "difference between an "ordinary" cheap Carrot and an expensive "organic" Carrot be distinguished ?

Hope a source of very expensive food can be found !

Some (all?) Royal Projects produce is supposedly organic. Looks like you have one in Hua Hin: http://huahin-localcompass.weebly.com/the-royal-project-shop.html

In Pattaya organic produce is also sold by Makro and Tesco and BigC, though it isnt always easy to tell what is what.

The point of organic produce is that hopefully they absorb less noxious chemicals from their surroundings. I have very little faith in Thais or the Chinese using chemicals responsibly if they can make a bigger profit by using them indiscriminately, so organic is indeed probably worth looking for here. I would be particularly concerned if I was young or had a young family, but at my age it's probably less important.

The basic ingredients of bread are flour, water, salt and yeast (you can make it without salt but it doesnt taste nice). Salt is a chemical but it is a naturally occurring one. Factory bread of the type found in 7/11 also contains many additives and "flour improvers" and I suspect that avoiding these is a good idea. BigC bread in Pattaya is nice, but they have a French baker working there. I dont know if that applies in Hua Hin. I suppose that a French baker will be fairly careful about what he puts in his bread as he will have been trained to follow quite strict rules. That's no guarantee of course.