Termites Swarming

happynthailand

Same every year in Nakhon Phanom.......I didnt know they were termites. I always thought they were moths.......They swarm then die.......probably something to do with mating...........Anyone know? It always puzzles me why nothing else feeds on them when they swarm, such as bats......protein going to waste. I wonder if maybe they are poisonous. I think they must be or they would be on sale as a snack in the night market.....lol

I remember back in the UK when i was a kid,that on a certain day in June,we would be inundated with flying Ants.It was only one day of the year.I remember

that the Ants would land and 'drop' their wings.I was told that these were female Ants that where they lost their wings,was where they were meant to

a new colony.My dad said they were called 'Aphid's' It happened virtually on the same day/night every year.There were millions of them.Years later,i was playing

pool in an open air bar in Pattaya outskirts.Suddenly the pool table was covered with these flying things,dropping wings everywhere.I thought they were Ants and that Thailand had the same thing,as the UK.Can someone tell me what they were.Now, i don't know if they were Ants or Termites.

Thanks for any news on this in advance.

KKD

Archived