My Thai Girl To England

Hello,

im looking to get my thai girl over to england as i said, and what im after is just information on whats needed when submit the application to the embassy. obviously they are need things like proof of a relationship which i have pictures i could give them and any other ideas would be great and they will want to know about how she is getting home which we'll be buying a return ticket valid for up2 6 months, but what else would they require and how could i get it to them, would i have to send by post or could it be done by email or something like this were it is easier and quicker. and off the top of your heads or if anyone has taken a thai girl over before how long would it take to get the visa ok'd because i would really love to have her in my home with the family and that at christmas, cos they dont get too much in thailand so she'd love it on christmas day in our house.

thanx alot to anyone replying,

Bank Statements,letters phone bills ,income,letter of sponsorship ,photos ,address in uk,proof of relationship etc etc

Stear clear of the place next door ro Regent House when you apply as they will rip you off with translation fees etc

thanx, but im actually applyin for it from england, what would the process be there, get everythin to my girl and she takes it in or can it be done another way?

No. She goes to embassy and has the forms, evidence etc.. Normally a good idea if you accompany her, especially so first time..

Hi,

Just to echo those comments above, she will need to apply and probably have an interview here in Bangkok before being granted the necessary visas, etc, to travel to the UK. Be prepared for LOTS of questions and to provide LOTS of personal information. But good luck none the less.

Andy.

I think you would be better off going to this thread:-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showforum=25

That thread deals with 'going to the UK from Thailand'

This thread deals with 'coming to Thailand from UK'

That forum has all the info you will need.

Good luck with it and hope she gets to play in the snow!

Edited by dsfbrit

have a look through all the old post from people asking the same question as you, theres loads of solid advice. read the repies from the likes of scouser and gu22 these guys really know there stuff and helped me loads, its not easy getting the visa but if you prepare everything for your gf properly you'll be ok

You will need to provide lots of documents depending on who is paying for her trip, her accomodation and the difficult bit, proving she will return to thailand at the end of her trip and this is not just showing them a return ticket!

does she own land,property, does she have job? she will need a letter from her boss stating she has work to return to if she does.

if you are paying for her trip you will need to provide 6 months bank statements and six months wage slips. if she is staying at your house you will have to prove you have the right to let her stay there i.e mortgage papers to show it is yours or a letter from your land lord! as i said mate its quite hard but have a read through the old posts and get your papers spot on and you'll have her there for christmas!

good luck

markreed

proving she will return to thailand at the end of her trip and this is not just showing them a return ticket!

does she own land,property, does she have job? she will need a letter from her boss stating she has work to return to if she does.

All of the other info mentioned in the other posts, is critical to a successful application and usually quite easy to obtain. This one above is the hardest to satisfy and to prove and seems to be one of the biggest reasons for visa refusal (IMO)

Good luck :o

Reading all the treads in this part of the forum there is indeed some very solid advice.

However getting a visa for your Thai GF is not rocket science. I have obtained 3 tourist visa's (2003,2004,2005) for my GF and this month a Fiancee visa. My GF is younger than me and has very little if any financial stability in Thailand. My secret you may ask, simple I followed word for word the directions off the check lists on the British embassy Bangkok website and bingo......

There will always be horror stories in these situations and some will be valid but myself I found the process and the personel efective, professional and inpartial.

Anyway good look, but about all follow the rules and you should have no problems.

Yorkieb