PM’s Office follows up on policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok

rooster59

PM’s Office follows up on policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok

Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK, 6 March 2016 (NNT) – The Office of the Prime Minister is inspecting the progress of the implementation of government’s policies in Nakhon Nayok Province.

Pairot Agrusa, Inspector General of the PM’s Office, is leading a team of inspectors general from various ministries to Nakhon Nayok to follow up on the implementation of government’s policies including the policy to improve people’s living standards and waste management and environmental protection policy.

The team is also there to assess performances of local offices in putting forth guidelines for area development given by the central administration as well as monitor the spending of state funds.

Mr Pairot and his entourage also visited a seafood processing plant and a local cooperative.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-06 footer_n.gif

What is the point of this article? It isn't so much a news story as an internal memo.

This is probably the sort of 'constructive reporting' the PM keeps telling everybody to report. But it is only reported by the government's own 'news' agency - the National News Bureau of Thailand.

Of course the aim of 'stories' like this is to garner widespread credit from the public. Whilst it might do among people who have little or no expectations of their government, most of us can see it for what it is - trying to get credit for doing something they're supposed to be doing anyway. Parallel examples:

- Look at me, I'm a great parent - I feed my kids!

- Look at me, I'm a great student - I go to school!

- Look at me, I'm a great soccer player - I can kick a ball!

Or in this case:

- Look at us, we're a great government - we followed up on policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok!

Note to government: Stop trying to take credit for what you are paid to do! If you are good, people with eyes and ears will see and hear of it because it will improve their own lives. Its just that your performance must be somewhat greater than checking policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok!

Edited by 15Peter20

What is the point of this article? It isn't so much a news story as an internal memo.

This is probably the sort of 'constructive reporting' the PM keeps telling everybody to report. But it is only reported by the government's own 'news' agency - the National News Bureau of Thailand.

Of course the aim of 'stories' like this is to garner widespread credit from the public. Whilst it might do among people who have little or no expectations of their government, most of us can see it for what it is - trying to get credit for doing something they're supposed to be doing anyway. Parallel examples:

- Look at me, I'm a great parent - I feed my kids!

- Look at me, I'm a great student - I go to school!

- Look at me, I'm a great soccer player - I can kick a ball!

Or in this case:

- Look at us, we're a great government - we followed up on policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok!

Note to government: Stop trying to take credit for what you are paid to do! If you are good, people with eyes and ears will see and hear of it because it will improve their own lives. Its just that your performance must be somewhat greater than checking policy implementation in Nakhon Nayok!

Or moreso, taking credit before achieving any result because they sure stuggle to achieve anything they say they will do or fix.