Water Pumps - I have zero knowledge, Help.

Don Mega

So's the pump here at house I rent has died (well it still works but the tank has rusted through).

It is a Mitsubishi WP-205MS.

Looking at hardware house today I see 2 likely suspects for replacement the Mitsu WP-205QS and WP-255QS. They are priced within Bt.500 of each other, What is the difference ?

Also the one at my house has the water coming into pump but the outlet is at 90 degrees to the inlet. where as the 2 above has the outlet at 180 degrees to the inlet which is not suited to my plumbing set up... looking at the pumps it would appear I can move the outlet, Can I ?

wow first post and we get into the politics of it... sheesh.

Here is the deal, My landlord does not reside in Thailand.

In my contract (that we both signed) any repairs under the value of Bt.1500 I wear it, anything over he does and is happy to have replacements like for like where possible BUT I must inform him of the problem and the cost to repair/replace before doing so.

Getting in contact with my landlord is NOT an issue and I have already informed him of the problem and the cost to replace and he gave it his blessing.... keep the invoice.

The monies come from my pocket however the next rent payment is to be adjusted accordingly.

BTW that thread was useless to me.

Edited by Don Mega

With a little plumbing the inlet/outlets can be moved by anyone who can stick plastic fittings together!

The 255Qs is a slightly bigger pump than the 205 which means a little more flow and a little bit more pressure, downside it will use a little more electric. ("Little" its my word of the day!)

Personally I would get a "Inverter" type pump as cheaper to run & more efficient.

Edited by CGW

Thanks CGW, A bit more pressure pressure would be nice. However I have no desire to play with the pipes already there. I want to change the outlet on the pump. It looks like you can as there is blanking plates there. But can these really be swapped ?

wow first post and we get into the politics of it... sheesh. whoa slow down the posts/replies i have read have been both helpful and informative remember what you posted

I have zero knowledge

Edited by Lamkyong

wow first post and we get into the politics of it... sheesh. whoa slow down the posts/replies i have read have been both helpful and informative remember what you posted

I have zero knowledge

Yep sure Have.

I have learnt from CGW the bigger number pump will give more pressure so that answers that question.

The second about moving the outlet on the pump has not.... other than a link to a post which did not answer the question.

i think at this point the best offer i have is to get a company to do the job for you mistakes will probably cost more than the pump /fittings

i am all for DIY but zero knowledge won't cut it sure you might get lucky and i wish you that added to that warranty may not include a bodge up

Thanks CGW, A bit more pressure pressure would be nice. However I have no desire to play with the pipes already there. I want to change the outlet on the pump. It looks like you can as there is blanking plates there. But can these really be swapped ?

A bit more pressure will not always translate to much better flow at your taps and showers - depends upon the size of the pipes and the number of bends/joints in the pipework.

Higher pressure could also cause leaks at the joints, valves or rubber washers in your existing system or appliances (especially toilet cisterns IME) so, if you do go for a bigger pump, watch out for leaks.

Edit- Forgot to say, yes you can choose to use either of the two lower outlets.

Also, Seems that it is possible to buy a new tank rather than a whole new pump - but where? I don't know.

Edited by chickenslegs

You can buy a replacement tank for about 2500 baht including EMS shipping from these people:

MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC KANG YONG WATANA CO.,LTD.
(Head office Krungthep Kreetha)
28 Krungthep Kreetha Rd. Hua mak
Bangkapi, Bangkok. 10240

Tel : 0-2763-7000
Fax : 0-2379-4759-62

If you but a new pump, unless it is exactly the same model you will have to redo the plastic pipes as it won't fit. They are all different. I've attached the IPL.

WP-255Q3 IPL.pdf

Yeah thanks Wayned it all good though. Not keen to spend 2500 to replace the tank only to have the engine or something crap out. New pump has been purchased (Bt.6400). Landlord was OK to pay for replacement so replacement it is.

Probably a good choice especially since someone else is paying for it. I have 4 Mitsubishi pumps and currently only two are in use. I repair them myself and keep the other two as spares when one of the others craps out.

So you assume because I know nothing about water pumps my mechanical aptitude equals zero ?... you are so far off the mark you might as well be on a different planet.

Why so aggresive, posters are only trying to assist, and your OP did say "I have zero knowledge".

So you assume because I know nothing about water pumps my mechanical aptitude equals zero ?... you are so far off the mark you might as well be on a different planet.

Why so aggresive, posters are only trying to assist, and your OP did say "I have zero knowledge".

Off the actual specs of the pump and if I could swap the outlet and drain.

Anywho all is sorted, had to change one pipe by adding a 45deg bend and extending about 100mm.

All in less than a 30 minute job to swap the pumps over.

Edited by Don Mega

• 3 months later...

You can buy a replacement tank for about 2500 baht including EMS shipping from these people:

MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC KANG YONG WATANA CO.,LTD.

(Head office Krungthep Kreetha)

28 Krungthep Kreetha Rd. Hua mak

Bangkapi, Bangkok. 10240

Tel : 0-2763-7000

Fax : 0-2379-4759-62

If you but a new pump, unless it is exactly the same model you will have to redo the plastic pipes as it won't fit. They are all different. I've attached the IPL.

attachicon.gifWP-255Q3 IPL.pdf

I have just had a similar problem, a hole in the tank.

I went to HomePro to buy a new pump and after they understood the problem (took a while with my pretty mangled Thai!) they suggested I call the number above 'for service'. So far the service from them has been excellent. They have a tank in stock and are coming to fit it on Monday morning. All arranged in one phone call, with a really helpful lady who spoke pretty reasonable English. Not sure if they do on-site service outside of Bangkok though. Also will post an update after the job is done.....

Edited by stbkk