Extension of stay proof of income

Just returned from Immigration in Phang Nga to try and get an extension of stay based on retirement. I had the notarized proof of income form from The American Consulate but they asked for bank statement verification. Has anyone had the same experience in Bangkok or do they usually accept the Proof of income form? I am thinking instead of going to Penang to get an "O-A" visa. Is it possible to get a one year visa? Is it usually an overnight process? Thanks.

Sometimes Immigration want some proof as they know that the U.S Embassy do not ask.

They want to know how you are providing for your stay.

You would have to travel back to U.S to get a Non Imm O-A Visa.

Edited by Eclipse

Immigration can and sometimes do ask about the source of the funds stated in an affidavit +/- evidence of money being bought, from abroad, into Thailand.

You will not get an O/A visa anywhere other than a Thai Embassy/Consulate in the States.

It is unlikely that you will be able to get anything other than a single entry, 90 day,non imm "O" visa (based on being over 50) anywhere within the region.

What's so problematical for you in complying with Immigration's request?

All they presumably need to see is evidence of a steady stream of income averaging at least 65,000 THB (or USD equivalent) per month being credited to a bank account in your name.

In the case of a Thai account this could simply be met by producing the relevant passbook as updated as necessary, I would have thought.

Even going to Penang for a single-entry non-O strikes me as using a sledgehammer to crack a nut in your case! Let alone going all the way back to the USA for a non-OA!!

...but they asked for bank statement verification. Has anyone had the same experience in Bangkok or do they usually accept the Proof of income form?

I use the income method at Jomtien, but always bring along copies of pages from my bank passbook for the previous 3 months plus bank manager's letter, even though my certified income is greater than needed. They could certainly ask for it, so why not be prepared?

If your income is sufficient and, presumably you have a Thai bank account, why not make copies and ask your bank manager for a letter to add to your embassy certificate?

You can only get an O-A in your home country or a country in which you have legal residence status.

Edited by Suradit69