Stickman Versus Not Stickman Bangkok  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite?

• Stickman Bangkok is my Favourite
    • John Galt (Not Stickman) is my favourite
    • Never heard of either of them
    • Couldn't give a flying Cahoonas!

This poll is closed to new votes

Stickman has "sold out" and no longer presents an impartial view of the places he comments on/reviews.

Galt mentions several cases where uncomplimentary remarks made by Sticko about certain venues are followed, at some later time, by a complete turn-around and a banner ad magically appearing on the site.

If true, it is little less than extorsion.

This is Galt's main beef with Sticky: He is using his reputation of a few years ago to influence present day readers to patronize places that don't merit the attention.

I feel the real Stickman has let me down.

'nuff said

(Mrs. 'nuff said agrees with me.)

~

Edited by 'nuff said

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what ever the reason, perhaps because the second semester starts in the morning, Galt has no ammunition. If he can’t come up with his own original material then at least in my eyes he would appear to be a talent less opportunist who can’t <insert your comment here>.

You need to look deeper than the post thus far have been in this thread. Thailand is trying to change it’s image as the sex capital of Asia. The Asia bugle skirts things by being an email subscription so it can be more explicit. Need I remind everyone that seemingly another person named John has done a number on the tourist visa system. Trying deliberately to make someone lose face is very un-Thai. To hang what many influential Thais see as dirty laundry out for everyone to see will draw reaction from the Thais. I don’t dare predict what that will be. They may go after the night life venues or John or both. Less I remind you police rotations are in the next several days.

In the early days of stickman the Thais were not as critical as they are now. Stickman has toned things down because he as learned what is acceptable. Back then it was nud_e, now it is not. Apparently John Galt has yet to learn this lesson. A distinct possibility is he may not be allowed to complete the second half of his next visa run and be marked as undesirable and banned from Thailand. That would probably be the least that would happen to him, the worst is he could be given a flying lesson by some Thais that he unknowingly crossed. Every comment about the nightlife has a effect on the incomes of everyone involved. If someone from another country came to your country and started to negatively effect your income the way John Galt seems to be heading, what would you do knowing you could probably get away with just about anything?

I don't really like Stickman,but this John Galt bloke is a real tosser. If all he can do is attack stickman, then he is a real retard.He writes like a 10 year old.He should piss off and do something original. He seems like an A grade spanker to me.

I just cringe when I read a Stickism like "Myself and a friend went..." considering that this man is actually an English teacher.

As for Galt, well, comedy is hard as they say. If he were better at it, Galt would be the best possible thing to happen to Stickie.

If you cringe, then why read stickman???? :o

Galt is about as funny as polio.Pity he can't think for himself. :D

If you cringe, then why read stickman???? :o

Even though Stick regularly makes grammatical and usage mistakes more appropriate to a student of English than a teacher, I do read him because he talks about aspects of daily life in Thailand that no one else does. This is at least partly due to his having taken the trouble to learn Thai, which is entirely to his credit. For instance, I very much enjoy reading about his visits to his mother-in-law in Korat and her various opinions.

Some interesting posts in this thread. I'd like to add a few points. 1st off the stickman site is and has always been a nightlife site. Stick does a great job covering that aspect of Thailand. Just because he got married and mellowed in his personal life does not change this well known fact of what his site covers.

Galt is more than a knock the stickman site. He has stuff analizing stick and original stuff. He'll do fine this week w/o a stick weekly to analize.

I will say this though, I think that stick having no column this week and Galt's savage stick attack last week is no coincidence. I will bet you that Galt has something to say about this