Fencing

P76

Upon my return to our humble house in Lansak, I would like to put up a front fence. Mainly to stop the neighbours using my front yard as their parking lot.

I never liked the concrete block fences I see everywhere. I'm thinking about concrete posts spaced about every 3 metres and running fencing wire between them, then growing some vines on them. Does anyone have any suggestions of other methods or materials?

You can make a very nice fence/hedge using concrete posts with the chain link then growing a kind of tea bush that makes a really good hedge. Sorry I can't remember the proper name but there are various varieties. The one with the slighly larger leaf grows quicker and there's one with a smaller leaf that has thorns. They make great hedges.

I consider myself pretty good at searching with Google. That said, I googled the hel_l out of mesh fence, chain link fence hurricane fence and plain fence. I found a couple of sites and sent emails to them asking for details and a price per linear meter. Absolutely NO replies. All I wanted was a price per meter for approximately two meter high fence suitable for around a pond.

Your plan sounds good....for greater security you might consider a chain link fence. Actually just about any kind of fencing is available here so go out to google and look at fences.

Chownah

You can make a very nice fence/hedge using concrete posts with the chain link then growing a kind of tea bush that makes a really good hedge. Sorry I can't remember the proper name but there are various varieties. The one with the slighly larger leaf grows quicker and there's one with a smaller leaf that has thorns. They make great hedges.

I like the sound of that. Can you give an idea how fast they grow and how high? Thanks.

I consider myself pretty good at searching with Google. That said, I googled the hel_l out of mesh fence, chain link fence hurricane fence and plain fence. I found a couple of sites and sent emails to them asking for details and a price per linear meter. Absolutely NO replies. All I wanted was a price per meter for approximately two meter high fence suitable for around a pond.

Your plan sounds good....for greater security you might consider a chain link fence. Actually just about any kind of fencing is available here so go out to google and look at fences.

Chownah

I suggest going to a large hardware store that sells it and ask the price.

Chownah

If I lived anywhere near a store that sold it, I wouldn't have had to Google it to start with. Some of us live out in the boonies. It's a 150 kilometers to any decent size store.

Chownah

If I lived anywhere near a store that sold it, I wouldn't have had to Google it to start with. Some of us live out in the boonies. It's a 150 kilometers to any decent size store.

Chownah

Well if Loei doesn't have any stores that sell it will you end up mail ordering it?

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Hedge

Came across this photo. Click on the photo above the swimming pool one near the bottom. This is the type of hedge I mean (the white posts with tall green hedge). I think that answers how high. I am not sure how fast to grow but like I said the small leaved variety with thorns is slower.

Yes, as a matter of fact I would like to hire a company that would come and do the job. One of the companies I found on the Internet has installed fence in Loei and they have pictures of the installations on their site. I guess two hundred meters of fence isn't enough to interest them.

Added - I did have 160 meters of block wall built and other than being too expensive, I wouldn't want to have to go through that exercise again. :o

Chownah

Well if Loei doesn't have any stores that sell it will you end up mail ordering it?

Chownah

Edited by Gary A