Video: Thai man’s hand almost severed during ferocious machete attack

snoop1130

Video: Thai man’s hand almost severed during ferocious machete attack
Kwaang Siripoom

post-249866-0-81348300-1457442961_thumb.

BANGKOK: -- A man’s hand was almost hacked off during a ferocious and violent attack as two rival gangs clashed outside an Internet shop in Samut Prakan.

Police said the victim, Mr. Narat Changkonme, 21, was lucky not to lose his hand after it was nearly chopped with a machete.

The violent exchange, which took place on Saturday night, was captured on CCTV and involved two rival gangs from Samut Prakan and Nakhon Pathom.

On night Tuesday, six men aged between 22 and 32 years handed themselves into police and admitted being members of one of the gangs involved in the attack.

The gang told police that the man who carried out the machete attack is not a close friend and is just someone they speak to occasionally.

Pol. Col. Dr. Surachai Suksai told reporters that the two gangs were not known to one another before. However, on Saturday the fight happened because the gang from Samut Prakan didn’t like the way the other gang had looked at them earlier in the evening.

Two other men involved in the incident also required hospital treatment. One man suffered a large knife wound to his skull, while another man needed treatment for severe bruising after being beaten with a metal bar.

Police said that despite knowing the identities of those involved, they are still trying to locate the man who carried out the attack with the machete and that officers are continuing to investigate the incident.

*Warning Graphic Content*

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-08

im speechless. Not about the fight, well that too, but why is there not any helping him to stop the bleeding.

He was part of the gang fight and he held a machete too he was just unfortunate to be chopped in the hand while the rest probably didn't get chopped by him.

I suppose it's something like seeing a gangster in a gun fight and gets shot down by standers probably wouldn't be so quick to assist.

Probably local thugs competing with each other over some turf.

The victim had the opportunity to get away but didn't, probably because he didn't want to lose face. Did lose his hand instead.

They should all be booked for a year, with a 50% discount for the seriously wounded and a 50% times bonus for perps.

Edited by manarak

im speechless. Not about the fight, well that too, but why is there not any helping him to stop the bleeding.

You must be new to Thailand. Years ago whilst shopping at my local market a motorcyclist hit a car and was lying in the middle of the road bleeding. I responded naturally as I would back in my home country. I rushed over to his assistance and tried to carry him to the road side. I was amazed that no one else was helping me. It got me quite angry. I shouted to passers by to help me drag this bleeding guy to a safe place. After about 5 minutes a couple of market traders came over and helped me. The police arrived and the market traders told me I should leave. "Go, go", they said. So I did, although I was puzzled, what is going on? It was not until the next day that someone told me that no one helps someone who is in need of medical care or emergency because the injured person will blame you for the accident. Take you to court and sucker you for the medical bills. That's why no one helps. That's why people look the other way. Yes I was amazed when I got told about this, but it's true. Sadly. Edited by Wilsonandson

"on Saturday the fight happened because the gang from Samut Prakan didnt like the way the other gang had looked at them earlier in the evening."

Aww diddums, did the nasty man look at you in a funny way.

I know why not use that machete you carry around for legitimate agricultural purposes and try to kill someone.

That should sooth my little pooky bear's ego.

They are just a pathetic excuse for human beings !

This country gets sadder by the day!

10 to 1 fights seem to be compulsory here!

If you watch the video, the victim wasn't alone, but the rest of his gang wasn't very brave.

You must be new to Thailand. Years ago whilst shopping at my local market a motorcyclist hit a car and was lying in the middle of the road bleeding. I responded naturally as I would back in my home country. I rushed over to his assistance and tried to carry him to the road side. I was amazed that no one else was helping me. It got me quite angry. I shouted to passers by to help me drag this bleeding guy to a safe place. After about 5 minutes a couple of market traders came over and helped me. The police arrived and the market traders told me I should leave. "Go, go", they said. So I did, although I was puzzled, what is going on? It was not until the next day that someone told me that no one helps someone who is in need of medical care or emergency because the injured person will blame you for the accident. Take you to court and sucker you for the medical bills. That's why no one helps. That's why people look the other way. Yes I was amazed when I got told about this, but it's true. Sadly.

When I was in a motorbike accident in rural north Thailand, the local people came to my aid, got both me and my bike off the road and called an ambulance for me. I think that city people the world over are less compassionate than rural people!

You must be new to Thailand. Years ago whilst shopping at my local market a motorcyclist hit a car and was lying in the middle of the road bleeding. I responded naturally as I would back in my home country. I rushed over to his assistance and tried to carry him to the road side. I was amazed that no one else was helping me. It got me quite angry. I shouted to passers by to help me drag this bleeding guy to a safe place. After about 5 minutes a couple of market traders came over and helped me. The police arrived and the market traders told me I should leave. "Go, go", they said. So I did, although I was puzzled, what is going on? It was not until the next day that someone told me that no one helps someone who is in need of medical care or emergency because the injured person will blame you for the accident. Take you to court and sucker you for the medical bills. That's why no one helps. That's why people look the other way. Yes I was amazed when I got told about this, but it's true. Sadly.

Well we are all new to this culture, but if 4 years is new I'm a rookie ;)

I had similar experience as you and was told to go away, but I'm still speechless about people not helping other. I don't think has the learned the basic, and that's why we all should teach special our "thilak" about heart attacks and how to handle it before the help will arrive

It has been the same in Canada in the past. Nobody wanted to help, because if you moved the person and more injury resulted somehow, you would have your ass sued off and could face charges.

But now they have the "Good Samaritan" law... and you can now help in an emergency and suing is not allowed for those emergencies.

Because most people in Thailand dont have a clue how to save someone

no fist aid knowledge at all...

GUYS... poor local fight its totally square with me. fair fight. no cowardly gun. (ok, so they dont know basic stuff like....pressure on the wound buddy!) there is nothing more fun than a gang fight with no guns. It like running through a hawaiian jungle, knowing you are not going to get bit by a snake. my callused knuckles tire of hitting soft weak rapiest/thais and their cowardly friends/bodyguards. I encourage full on turf war behavior. It keeps the community safe from the real criminals there to exploit them. they care more for their community than anyone else. albeit, young and dumb..and full of ...face. some of these street kids and their bike gangs...their loyalty is unparalleled to any thing you may ever understand about thai. Society throws them away, someone will come pick up those broken pieces.

Yes there will always be small gang fights. but did you noticed something? when a rich person was not involved, money wasnt an issue..... and no one died or lost their future. They are getting more hostile every day.... as they read about rich spoiled thais getting away with it.... is fuel for my bon fire.

yes, they are poor. just dont be a target for them because the Human Search ENgine is something you do not want. You cant fight someone with nothgin to lose.

best moments in the video was .... the broom man. dont mess with him. you may get some dust on you.

Edited by aRobotnamedWAR

30 year olds having fights because they don't like the way people looked at them, what is wrong with this world? Why do we have so many grown men who act like children?

Men grow, but not their weeny.

30 year olds having fights because they don't like the way people looked at them, what is wrong with this world? Why do we have so many grown men who act like children?

Maybe the question should be "Why do we have so many children in men's (adult) bodies?"

Because most people in Thailand dont have a clue how to save someone

no fist aid knowledge at all...

That would be vaseline then...

gang members ? did i just see one throwing a flip flop cheesy.gif

And beware of the guy with the broom !! Theres not one person there who is capable of fighting, Just hitting with sticks, unfortunately one nutter had a machete but didnt have a clue how to use it in an fight. Just lucky he got another blokes hand. Would love to invite these knobheads to where I train for some real fighting !! Part of their punishment should be to go to a Muay Thai training camp for a day and be a sparring partner !

They are just a pathetic excuse for human beings !

This country gets sadder by the day!

10 to 1 fights seem to be compulsory here!

Are you saying you think this only happens in Thailand, I think you need to open your eyes a little bit.