Staying all year long with 2 tourist visas ...

Hello everyone, I am French, aged 31 and my question goes like this, what if I was using the 30 days visa exemption plus 30 days extension every 2 months for 6 months traveling to Cambodia for exemple and then I would get a tourist visa for 2 months and start all over ? Would it be possible ? My goal would be to stay in Thailand without a student visa in issan (sakaeo). Thank you for your interest.

Not a good idea.

Get a multiple entry tourist visa before leaving France from the Thai embassy or one of the consulates,

The visa will allow you to stay almost 9 months (with some border runs)

Once that visa expires apply for a single entry visa from a nearby country which will allow you to complete an almost 1 year stay.

Edited by sunnyjim5

OH ....................You are already in Thailand ?

You can attempt what you suggest but be prepared to be stopped and questioned about what you are doing and how you are funding your stay.

You would be best advised to get tourist visas rather than attempt to obtain serial visa exempt entries.

You may have to seek the TV's from different Embassy's/Consulates..

The METV is tricky to get for me as I would need a 5000 euro balance on my bank account for 6 months. So I will just have to find another way or just forget the idea to stay in issan for now.

Thanks

Edited by Piifo

As sunny already suggested. You are best just to obtain setv and obtain an extension for each one.You probably may need to mix up where you obtain them from. Some places from some reports do not wish to do more more than 3 consecutive. If you currently have very few or maybe no visa exempt stamps then you could mix few of those in. So if you had no stamps you could aim for perhaps 3 over next 12 months. With extensions approx 6 month. Also 2 setv with extensions gives another 6 months. Or obtain 3 setv and couple of stamps. Find a place that is cheap from you to travel to. Many do border runs etc and happily spend many hours on bus. For me grab cheap flight and enjoy.

If you want to attempt this, the border with Cambodia is not optimum for visa exempt entries. Supposedly, they impose a 90-day limit per 12 month period. Consensus appears to be that the Laos border points are better (and traveling in and out by air better still) if staying on visa exempts. However you try to do it, many visa exempt entries are going to get immigration's attention. You had better have a good story (backed up with documentary proof) of how you can live in Thailand long term without working there.