Yellow tabien baan in Hang Dong

MadMac

The subject was shortly touched in the visa/residence/wp forum (ID card for farang discussion), but as this is a local issue, I make this a separate thread.

I have a yellow house book from Phra Khanong district office in BKK for several years. After moving to Hang Dong 2 years ago we went to the amphoe office and inquired about transferring/changing the yellow book. The answer given was that I would have to cancel the one in BKK first and then to make a complete new application here.

In Thailand a house registration does not need to be at the place of residence but can be anywhere. So I've kept the BKK yellow book and recently got a pink ID based on the same with BKK address. We own the house there.

Given uncertainty about willingness and hurdles to regain that yellow book in Hang Dong, I kept my BKK book, have my CNX car and bike registered with BKK address and CNX number (no problem at all), opened several bank accounts locally etc. Immigration does not even know I have one.

Questions: Did anyone get a yellow tabien baan in Hang Dong? How is their willingness to process such request, or are they throwing stones in ones way?

Mac,

You said, "In Thailand a house registration does not need to be at the place of residence but can be anywhere. So I've kept the BKK yellow book and recently got a pink ID based on the same with BKK address. We own the house there."

That web page indicates otherwise.

Then you said, "I have a yellow house book from Phra Khanong district office in BKK for several years. After moving to Hang Dong 2 years ago we went to the amphoe office and inquired about transferring/changing the yellow book. The answer given was that I would have to cancel the one in BKK first and then to make a complete new application here." Which seems to me that the Amphur office was correct.

I applied for and was issued a Yellow Tabian Baan at Hang Dong. It has been many years and I was not cancelling another registration. It was easy when I did it.

The system in Thailand is different from western countries. A person (normally Khon Thai of course) can, or better must, be registered anywhere, not necessarily the place of residence. So the color of the book should not matter as this is the same system and not related to immigration. There of course you declare your residence either with a TM28/30 or the 90 days report. Both, tabien baan and immigration notification are independent.

I would not really change the yellow book just for the sake of it, but rumor is that immigration and police databases will be integrated in the future and police will be able to check your visa validity based on the 13 digits ID. Carrying a picture ID with that number, such as the pink ID, will replace the requirement for the passport.

If anyones done one in HD recently, I will probably be trying to get one soon.

As it seems each amphur has its own checklist (brothers having a lot of problems getting one from Korat) do I need to physically bring Thais to the office ?? In San Kampeang I was told the kamnaan had to come with me, as we had no connection with him at all, I gave up.. In Nahm Preah we do actually have dealings with our kamnaan and hes a decent sort, however I would still rather not need to drag him somewhere if I can do it with just papers and signatures.

In Phra Khanong it was just 2 friends, but witnesses you need in any case.

One more point that concerns me, it was reported in the other forum that someone got flatly refused the pink ID in CNX with some statement from the officer "farang can never get a Thai ID, why do you waste my time", don't know which amphoe though. That would defeat the whole purpose of the exercise, if that pink ID could substitute the need to carry the passport in the future.