Thailand Pursues Quality European Tourists in Europe

webfact

I guess they value quality tourists over cynical, moaning expats.

no theres only one thing they value.......... $$$$$$$$$$$ (no baht symbol, though its probably hidden somewhere)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if TAT really understand that Thailand has got a terrible reputation in Europe & beyond.

Before people just joked about ladyboys & bar girls, but now the reputation has become a lot more sinister.

Thailand has become synonymous with murder & death (rta's, suicides, assisted suicides, bombings).

Also now all Europeans know about the copy copy coming from Thailand. It's called the land of scams these days.

When the Baht was 50 against the euro it was fun to travel to Thailand, now there are cheaper and better places to go for holiday.

Also Thailand is far from safe and they don't do anything to improve that.

Australia is hot these days, western standards and a great country/climate. Oh and guess what? They even speak english there thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

"When the Baht was 50 against the euro it was fun to travel to Thailand, now there are cheaper and better places to go for holiday."

There is? Where?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Bali is much cheaper, has better food, more beaches with waves, speaks better english.....

Even in Tokyo many things are cheaper than in BKK-departmentstores and the overall experience is sure much much better plus much more safe. There you can walk into a nice park and have a good time, same in Singapore, try that in BKK. They all can speak english and won't cheat you.

I wonder if TAT really understand that Thailand has got a terrible reputation in Europe & beyond.

Before people just joked about ladyboys & bar girls, but now the reputation has become a lot more sinister.

Thailand has become synonymous with murder & death (rta's, suicides, assisted suicides, bombings).

Also now all Europeans know about the copy copy coming from Thailand. It's called the land of scams these days.

When the Baht was 50 against the euro it was fun to travel to Thailand, now there are cheaper and better places to go for holiday.

Australia is hot these days, western standards and a great country/climate. Oh and guess what? They even speak english there thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

"When the Baht was 50 against the euro it was fun to travel to Thailand, now there are cheaper and better places to go for holiday."

There is? Where?

Bali is much cheaper, has better food, more beaches with waves, speaks better english.....

Even in Tokyo many things are cheaper than in BKK-departmentstores and the overall experience is sure much much better plus much more safe. There you can walk into a nice park and have a good time, same in Singapore, try that in BKK. They all can speak english and won't cheat you.

You have never been. The food is much more expensive, it's a stomping ground for a million Australians and hardly a native to be seen. Girls are are really hot.. Not! lol

Are you posting from Bali or thailand?... Exactly, I rest my case [emoji1]

It is a criminal act to deface a passport. Be interesting to see if any actions are taken against her back in Glasgow

The girl is clearly a moron, who also announced to the world what a moron she is.

She is probably hoping for a career in reality television.....

Edited by bangon04

There is? Where?

You have never been. The food is much more expensive, it's a stomping ground for a million Australians and hardly a native to be seen. Girls are are really hot.. Not! lol

Are you posting from Bali or thailand?... Exactly, I rest my case [emoji1]

You rest your case? You have no point!

Whether TAT likes it or not, the only REAL quality European tourists who stay in Thailand do so for a very limited amount of time, usually in Bangkok, for shopping or waiting for a connecting flight to another country.

The majority of Europeans who come here to stay are either :

- Retirees who choose Thailand because it's easy and cheap. The ones I see around Pattaya are mostly a remarkably uneducated and stingy bunch, including the few wealthy ones, and they tend to evaluate the price of everything by comparing it first and foremost with the price of a 'short time' or 'long time',

- Sex tourists, some of whom will one day become sex retirees (see above),

- Group tourists who are not experienced or bold enough to travel by themselves and the groups who come to Thailand are mostly lower middle class,

- Young backpackers who 'do' Thailand because it's easy and cheap, but don't stay long and are not very likely to come back, especially the more educated ones, because they are not exactly impressed by Thai 'culture'. They usually have a good time thanks to the nice beaches, night life and some sport activities, but they'll rarely label their trip 'unforgettable'. It's a one-time thing.

Adult Europeans^tourists and/or retirees with real education, culture and money tend to favour Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Nepal and Indonesia, ie countries with a real cultural appeal. They did like and enjoy Thailand, but that was 30 years ago. Now it's considered low class to spend your holiday in Thailand. I'm not saying that it is, but it's definitely the perception people with more education tend to have, and Thais have only themselves to blame for that.

And one more thing : every time I read the words 'quality tourist' being used by Thais (or anyone else for that matter) as an equivalent of 'rich tourist', it makes me puke, and I believe that's the reason why Thais don't deserve to have real quality tourists any more.

Edited by Yann55