Cheap Flights from Bangkok to North America

donaldinho9

Hi All,

Looking at flying back to Ottawa (or closest airport- Toronto, Montreal) end of the month/start of April. Wondering if anyone knows any good budget airlines/flights I can take out of the country? Only going one-way. Any recommendations? I've heard there are some great business quality seats on some airlines, for economy prices...Many thanks!!

Seems impossible to get a decent travel time and price for a ONE STOP connection to Ottawa (and one way makes price even worse).

Tried a few options. Bloody expensive and/or very long.

Mind about an airport change in New York?

Maybe useful to do separate bookings in this case.

Etihad has decent travel times (about 24h), about 25000 Baht to JFK.

Arriving either at 9:35h in the morning or 15:45h in the afternoon depending on day of week.

Both would allow to continue from Newark or La Guardia (United or Air Canada).

I leave it to the experienced US travelers to comment on that.

Almost 20 years ago that I had been to the US.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I fly out of YOW or YUL when going to BKK/HKG. As you are aware flying east or west makes little difference to your flying time, so, for sure check out the European airlines as well as the Chinese and American.

I like ACA premium economy through HKG. Not a money saver but good service and equipment.

The Chinese companies are probably the cheapest but I have no experience with them. Also, EVA through Taipei is worth a look.

United is usually the cheapest ($1200CAD roundtrip) North American legacy carrier but their planes are uncomfortable (old) and the food service is cheap.

Watch for an Air France Canada sale coming up next month. They had one last year about this time for Canada-Asia connections. Sample fares were YOW/YYZ/YUL roundtrip to BKK were $1585CAD for economy and SIN for $1799 in premium economy. No idea if it's reciprocal or available one way but worth a look. Dates last year were, booking period Apr 18 to 27 with multiple departure dates from booking to fall.

Last year I noticed good prices through Philippines. I haven't been impressed this year but I would still check them out.

Good luck.