Denied Non-B in Vientiane, Police Clearance for Teachers

I was just denied a Non-B for teaching in Vientiane because I did not have the required (now) Police Clearance. Just so others don't have to go through the trouble I did, it is an old requirment dating back to 2012, however, it is now being enforced. The police clearance center is located at the main police station across from Siam Square Mall. You go to building 7.

You can go to this website to see the requirements:

http://www.pcscenter...lice.go.th/eng/

Now, all the requirements that are listed were what I brought with me. The only ones they took from me were my passport and a copy of my thai drivers license. Of course, my experience was probably not the norm. I did have one major problem when I arrived. This document: -Letter guarantee from the employer company. Needs to be written in Thai, it cannot be in English.

So, did you have to go get it translated into Thai?what was the fee and how long will it take to get the record of no criminal returned to you?

Did you only need a criminal record check for Thailand and not your home country? You leave many questions unanswered here

Well, my intention was to start a topic and if there were any other questions then feel free and ask. However, the last comment about leaving many questions unanswered was not needed. Yes, I had it translated in Thai. They were nice enough to give me an example of what was needed, I faxed it to my school and they returned it translated into Thai. If you took the time to look at the link I posted, you would see it cost 100 baht. It takes two weeks to return, you have to pick it up. Criminal check for Thailand is all that is needed.(from what I was told). Hope this helps.

So, did you have to go get it translated into Thai?what was the fee and how long will it take to get the record of no criminal returned to you?

Did you only need a criminal record check for Thailand and not your home country? You leave many questions unanswered here

Here we go again. There's a guy who took the time and posted a very important information and instead of thanking him for doing so you blame him that he left many questions unanswered?

OP, thanks a lot for this very useful information. wai2.gif

Here we go again. There's a guy who took the time and posted a very important information and instead of thanking him for doing so you blame him that he left many questions unanswered?

And you are lost! Everything I asked was pertinent to what was missing from his post

The thaivisa teaching forum is one of the most hostile, unfriendly forums anywhere on the internet. How many teachers are put off coming to Thailand by reading the posts here, I wonder? A few bitter, opinionated loudmouths are allowed to ruin the atmosphere on this forum. Which is a shame, because there are some excellent posters here too.

To obtain a Thai police clearance in Chiang Mai visit the Police Forensic Science Centre 5 located along the Mae Rim road near City Hall. They take your finger prints and then send the police clearance application to Bangkok. It's then returned to the Chiang Mai office a few weeks later. You can then collect. It costs 100 THB.

http://www.scdc5.forensic.police.go.th/

Can you go to the police in any province?

I've Googled and found something very interesting. It seems that you can get your fingerprints done at the local coppers and then send all to Bangkok.

Please see link: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

You seem to have "misunderstood" !

That info appears to relate to those living aboard and applying for Thai police clearance by post !

Try reading it again.

The thaivisa teaching forum is one of the most hostile, unfriendly forums anywhere on the internet. How many teachers are put off coming to Thailand by reading the posts here, I wonder? A few bitter, opinionated loudmouths are allowed to ruin the atmosphere on this forum. Which is a shame, because there are some excellent posters here too.

Those people who start trolling and going off-topic can be reported. Just hit the report button and a moderator will come along and remove offending posts and possibly give a warning and suspension.

This section of the forum is not meant to be a section for nonsense and banter. There are other sections that are more equipped for that such as the farang pub section.

If you are not a teacher or not willing to help, we would prefer that you go else where on the forum to comment. Everyone here has been a child and a student, that doesn't mean you are an expert on parenting or education.

• 2 months later...

I have just denied a Non-B visa application in Vientiane Laos too. Although the requirements of Non-B visa on Thailand website says police clearance is optional, Thai embassy in Vientiane does not accept any other information shown online except that on Vientiane website.

And they only accept police clearance that was done within 1 year (this bit of information was NOT shown on Vientiane website!). I had the no-criminal record from New Zealand but that was done within 2 years... They did not accept it and I have to come back Chiang Mai on a Tourist Visa and get a new police check.

Can you go to the police in any province?

i could do it in a small province. But this might be a favor to my employer? They put the fingerprints with ink on a special card...

Thanks to the helpful OP.

Save big bucks at the border by bringing USD, $s.

• 4 months later...

Archived