Is It Possible To Get Visas For China In Bangkok?

Addy

We just decided to go from Bangkok to HongKong, but our departure is imminent, and it would take too long to get visas here (they have to be done by mail). Is it possible to get visa in Bangkok, or do you have to get them in your home country? Having a little trouble finding this info online. If anyone knows, please advise.

Thanks!

We just decided to go from Bangkok to HongKong, but our departure is imminent, and it would take too long to get visas here (they have to be done by mail). Is it possible to get visa in Bangkok, or do you have to get them in your home country? Having a little trouble finding this info online. If anyone knows, please advise.

Thanks!

Yes, you can get a visa in Bangkok.

Have a look here:

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/lsfw/qzxk/t164568.htm

You have to go early and collect the visa same day in the afternoon.

Good luck.

PS: You can also ask your hotel to recommend a good travel-agency to do the work for you since it's a bit of a hassle; take a taxi's a few times, waiting at the Embassy (very busy sometimes) long time, go back in the afternoon etc.

You might have to pay a fee but it saves you a lot of time.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

If you have a bit of time in Hong Kong, China Travel Service accepts application in the morning and usually you have your visa after 2:00 pm. Or leave it with your hotel's tour desk, although they are expensive in service fees.

I usually go to CTS in Tsim Sha Tsui just across from Holiday Inn Golden Mile - Hotel.

You can take a taxi to soi 3 rachadapisek road to the chinese embassy visa office or the underground to Rama Nine and walk for about five minutes.

The visa office is now on the first floor and the cost is baht 1100 for foreigners (baht 1000 for Thais) for a single entry visa to china. the service takes three days. for an additional fee you can get a visa within one day.

the security guard at the entrance to the first floor has a supply of visa application forms. you will need a passport photo.

you pay when the visa is issued so just take a ticket from the machine, fill up the form and await your number.

enjoy your trip

for an additional fee you can get a visa within one day.

you pay when the visa is issued so just take a ticket from the machine, fill up the form and await your number.

enjoy your trip

Yes, I was surprise to see how straightforward the whole procedure is. Go as early as possible, as it gets very crowded at mid morning.

Depending on your passort you probably will not need a visa to HK. Only to mainland China.

I can go to HK for 90 days w/o visa as US citizen. Just checked this AM. Will go 12-1

Edited by Baht Man

I cannot see in the OP where it says he/she/they are going to China.Only Hong kong is mentioned.

Yes HK is now a part of China but as Baht Man says, visas are not required in Hong kong for certain passport holders. If you wish to enter Mainland China via Hong kong then PRC visas will be required for that leg of the trip

If you have a bit of time in Hong Kong, China Travel Service accepts application in the morning and usually you have your visa after 2:00 pm. Or leave it with your hotel's tour desk, although they are expensive in service fees.

I usually go to CTS in Tsim Sha Tsui just across from Holiday Inn Golden Mile - Hotel.

I think there is also a China Travel Service in the China Resources Building on Gloucester Road, (Wanchai), next to Sun Hung Kai Building. Same sort of timetable from memory.