Nightlife - North East

Pitu277

My rank order on an all-round assessment, admittedly on fairly limited experience, is as follows:

1. Udon

2. Ubon

3. Khon Kaen

4. Surin

5. Roi Et

6. Nong Khai

7. Buri Ram

I have left out Khorat as borderline Isan, but wouldn't put it higher that KK. I'd be interested in other people's ratings. My most controversial one could be Roi Et, which in my opinion is better than most people imagine. Any nominations for 'dark horse' contenders - Yasothon, Sisaket or Sarakham may be?

My rank order on an all-round assessment, admittedly on fairly limited experience, is as follows:

1. Udon

2. Ubon

3. Khon Kaen

4. Surin

5. Roi Et

6. Nong Khai

7. Buri Ram

I have left out Khorat as borderline Isan, but wouldn't put it higher that KK. I'd be interested in other people's ratings. My most controversial one could be Roi Et, which in my opinion is better than most people imagine. Any nominations for 'dark horse' contenders - Yasothon, Sisaket or Sarakham may be?

you are gonna get some debate there, as you said, limited experience :o

1. Udon

2. Ubon

3. Khon Kaen

4. Surin

5. Roi Et

6. Nong Khai

7. Buri Ram

You gotta believe Bronco. After all he's been

Under the table in Udon

Out of it in Ubon

Collapsed in Khon Kaen

Sh1tfaced in Surin

Rubbery in Roi Et

Non compus mentos in Nong Khai

Bolloxed in Buriram

Not to mention a few other places he has visited

P1ssed in Phisanalhok

Paralytic in Phrae

Lost in Loi

In fact to sum it up

Indestructable in Isaan. :D

Any other places he's been?

1. Udon

2. Ubon

3. Khon Kaen

4. Surin

5. Roi Et

6. Nong Khai

7. Buri Ram

You gotta believe Bronco. After all he's been

Under the table in Udon

Out of it in Ubon

Collapsed in Khon Kaen

Sh1tfaced in Surin

Rubbery in Roi Et

Non compus mentos in Nong Khai

Bolloxed in Buriram

Not to mention a few other places he has visited

P1ssed in Phisanalhok

Paralytic in Phrae

Lost in Loi

In fact to sum it up

Indestructable in Isaan. :D

Any other places he's been?

Well done King Arthur ooooooo you are sharp

macb

G'Day

Wow, good list,,, but few point's from my behave..

How in earth UBON end up on the 2nd??

Where is the night life??

in town has 1 bar where farangs go and 1 pole dansing bar,, night life,, if you can call it so...

Golf Course is rather good, even i dont play but most of the guys i know do, i mena it must be good (or only pne) as guys from Khemarat will play there also, and they coming almost 100km away..

1. Udon

2. Ubon

3. Khon Kaen

4. Surin

5. Roi Et

6. Nong Khai

7. Buri Ram

G'Day

Wow, good list,,, but few point's from my behave..

How in earth UBON end up on the 2nd??

Where is the night life??

in town has 1 bar where farangs go and 1 pole dansing bar,, night life,, if you can call it so...

Golf Course is rather good, even i dont play but most of the guys i know do, i mena it must be good (or only pne) as guys from Khemarat will play there also, and they coming almost 100km away..

Dear Marco,

Obviously this is subjective, but my view is that - if you are not limited to the Farang bars - Ubon has a lot more than most people think (I won't duplicate a post I made months ago listing some of the places). In other words apart from PP's and Swing Party that you mention, there are a very large number of Thai-oriented nightlife venues - especially cafes - that will welcome farangs. Although, it isn't my scene, Ubon's five fish bowls is also more than either Udon or KK possess. The city I have explored most is KK, but I'd rather go out in Ubon. Udon I accept is better. I frankly admitted to rather limited experience, but I suspect that the experience of many posters of non-Farang nightlife venues (especially outside Udon and KK) is virtually non-existent.

Edited by citizen33

Plenty of Nightlife in Udon lots of expat bars, hostess bars, Disco's with Coyote Dancers, karoke bars. Beer Garden, at the Night market, Bars and Resturants around Nong Prajak Lake.

Multplex Cinema, Bowling Alley, a few Golf courses nearby, and wonderful Nong Khai a short blast along Highway 2. :D:o

Lots of info here on the active forum. www.udonmap.com

Edited by prenders88

Plenty of Nightlife in Udon lots of expat bars, hostess bars, Disco's with Coyote Dancers, karoke bars. Beer Garden, at the Night market, Bars and Resturants around Nong Prajak Lake.

Multplex Cinema, Bowling Alley, a few Golf courses nearby, and wonderful Nong Khai a short blast along Highway 2. :D:o

Lots of info here on the active forum. www.udonmap.com

Have found both Sebastien's guide to RE and Udonmap.com useful in the past. I think you will see from the latter in particular that not everybody agrees that KK at number 1. You can look at the following to get the KK view:

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/forum/

But actually you will see in some of the old posts that some people defected to Udon a while ago.