Nok Air again cancels more flights till end of March

webfact

Nok Air again cancels more flights till end of month

206-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Popular low cost airline, Nok Air, again has announced another cancellation of 60 flights daily until the end of March.

The cancellation of flights by Nok Air was disclosed by the Department of Airport yesterday.

Department of Airport’s director-general and also acting director-general of the Department of Civil Aviation of Thailand (DCA), Dr Chula Sukmanop, revealed that Nok Air had notified the DCA of the extra cancellations last week, stating that it would be aborting a total of 60 roundtrip flights each day until the end of the month.

He said Nok Air also stated that it would be asking its airline alliances to provide flights to various Nok Air’s intended locations through chartered services, as Nok Air itself is still lacking pilots, while bookings on some flights were not too high, making it possible to merge various flights into one.

Dr Chula said the DCA has reiterated to all airlines to hand in their flight schedules for the coming summer’s high season by the end of March, to prevent impact of flight cancellations on passengers during the holiday festivities.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/155145

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-15

Woe betide anyone unfortunate enough to have their Songkran flights booked with these guys. facepalm.gif

Checked online just now, and they aren't offering any discounts or other incentives. Only the most foolish would risk booking with them right now.

i hope they don't cancel flights to myanmar or vietnam, becaus they offered good deals

Agree, I've had a couple of exceptional promotions to Ho Chi Minh City.

On the other hand I'm hesitant to book and then discover a few days / a day in advance the flight is cancelled. Changing my meeting dates in HCMC is just not an option.

i hope they don't cancel flights to myanmar or vietnam, becaus they offered good deals

Agree, I've had a couple of exceptional promotions to Ho Chi Minh City.

On the other hand I'm hesitant to book and then discover a few days / a day in advance the flight is cancelled. Changing my meeting dates in HCMC is just not an option.

They won't be cancelling flights to HCMC as they will loose their slots there if they do, according to my inside source.

Nok has brought in 20 non Thai pilots, some borrowed from Boeing, to help reduce their shortfall.