Thaivisa web site performance continues to worsen

cumgranosalum

You have read the Hun Hin news or watched the video? I suspect that is the cause. Currently there seems to still be about twice the number of forum users than is normal.

Hmmm... far reached I'd say, I wouldn't expect this sad event to drag in as many users, as, say, a new coup rolleyes.gif

But who knows?

Between the two hua hin topics there are around 3700 viewers there alone at the moment. Probably much more shortly after breaking the news.

Nice to know, but the real question is: is this too much for the site to remain stable? in other words, is this the reason for the severe instability we've been experiencing earlier today?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 14 seconds before replying or posting a new topic." - I'd say I get this on between 50% and 75% of my replies to TV

"The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 14 seconds before replying or posting a new topic." - I'd say I get this on between 50% and 75% of my replies to TV

I'm checking to see if this is a temporary flood prevention mechanism to reduce server loading.

I'm checking to see if this is a temporary flood prevention mechanism to reduce server loading.

well, it's been going on for about 8 months.......

From quick review of your posting history it seems you often post one liners in rapid succession - which might appear to be spamming bot activity to a computer security program.

- that's not what you technicians think. i have been discussing te matter for some time now and it is down to the TV site - which is to be replaced shortly - the fact is it is old, patched up and out of date, it cannot cope with the traffic or the amount of buttons etcthat have been added - blandishments like yours do nothing to help the situation.

Actually I am trying to be helpful and and have never had any such message returned - from the lack of others reporting this issue it seems most people do not have this happen. So it is logical to look at your posting process - and from quick look it seems you often post one lines with quoted posts in rapid succession. That might well be a key to finding the problem regardless if it is forum or poster.

Actually I am trying to be helpful and and have never had any such message returned - from the lack of others reporting this issue it seems most people do not have this happen. So it is logical to look at your posting process - and from quick look it seems you often post one lines with quoted posts in rapid succession. That might well be a key to finding the problem regardless if it is forum or poster.

OK - thank you for looking - no it isn't.

I now remember that flood control has been in effect for Thaivisa for many years. This is the first mention of it in a very long time so clearly it is your posting style that is causing it to trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

I, too, get it a lot; usually after I've hit the post button and nothing happens so I hit the button again.

I then either get the flood message and then find that my post is where it should be, or the post has completly disappeared.

This, and the other problems I've posted about before, now occur so regularly that I simply can't be bothered to post or even visit TV as much as I used to.

"No loss" will doubtless be the response from some.

I now remember that flood control has been in effect for Thaivisa for many years. This is the first mention of it in a very long time so clearly it is your posting style that is causing it to trigger.

Rubbish - how can I make multiple posts in under 15 seconds??????..in truth I also wite some of the longest posts on TV and get the sam,e problem. ..and as you can see, I'm not alone on this....

I get a bit fed up of people drawing conclusions from what is nothing more than guesswork - thank God you're not involved in IT. or anything technical...... your approach is about the same as a back street Thai mechanic.

anyhow - check with the tech boys they will put you straight on this.

there is something wrong with TV site i had problems on both my laptop and desktop computer

Tv froze, i think to many pop ups and ads may be causing it. i took my computer to the repair shop

they checked everything nothing wrong they put on an ad blocker now it works fine on TV.

im in UK. have a mobile Wifi and use Google Chrome.

today I'm getting a new problem...or at least one I haven't had for a while...that is it is failing to "fit on page"; i have to scroll l/r to get to parts of the page that are off screen.

Usually is that because someone posted a very large picture in a post.

Simple solution to this Ctrl key on keyboard and mouse wheel (up or down) to resize

• 2 weeks later...

Had multiple "too busy" errors this afternoon.

Just needed about half a dozen attempts to post.

Yes, we are aware of this issue, the techies are working on it.

I was assured by a member of Admin when I first complained a few months ago about this and other problems I and many other members are experiencing that the 'techies' were 'working on' them.

How long do they need to put it right?

All I can get today since 05:00 tried many time in past 2.5 hours.

www.thaivisa.com didn't send any data

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Maybe TRUE ? VPN to Singapore = opens 1st time, but a pain as also reading Thai websites and they will not open from outside Thailand.

Hi,

Its actually a cdn latency for some of the script files used by certain ad agencies. There is also noticeable latency tot he ThaiVisa website from UK (5,300ms) started on the 7th June and hasn't changed, Australia seems to peak and trough (2,481ms). The latency issues are out of our control, we also have extra server capacity at the moment since we have been moving the sites around preparing for the major upgrade of Thai Visa Forum.

No Issues here.

Typical response from ThaiVisa - ....the site is a shambles as many can attest to.

just because one or even the majority of users either don't have ...or more likely don't notice the constant bumps and glitches, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

what do you want them to say?

the site is a shambles?

its working lawlessly here, it sounds to me like your issues are rather unique to you.

it could be your isp, shoddy router config, problems with DNS or anything.

i can however assure you the site works quite flawlessly for most.

Can I ask how you know it work flawlessly for most?

Archived