Thaivisa web site performance continues to worsen

cumgranosalum

I pointed out some problems I had a while back and the thread was closed.

Well, the thread may have closed but my problems with TV haven't........They are getting worse.

I primarily use either Macbook/Safari or Android.

my Android is so slow it is hard to tell whether the problem is the site or my computer....but after hanging around for some time it seems the web site forgets what it was meant to do - in particular go to a "liked" post - an just settles for the start of the thread........

On my Macbook however the problems are glaringly obvious - I have a 30 mbps connection, and an SSD drive...it is one quick machine.

....BUT

Time and again, when I try to access a page on ThaiVisa I either have to reload or it goes somewhere I didn't ask it.

Replying to a thread - reload

editing a reply - reload

Changing forum - reload

as for the search....well my guess is that 80% of the time it doesn't pick up on the words entered.

add to this the general "clunkiness" of te site the preponderance of added ads of one kind or another...I think this is a site in need of tearing down and starting again.

In fact looking at the top of my page, I see THIS THREAD hasn't even loaded fully....what I shall do is copy this content and refresh the page.......BTW - not easily done as it won't highlight properly

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you in Thailand / using Thai UP adr.? Which ISP?

There is a lot of trouble messages about internet speed from Thailand to international websites.

But Thaivisa works OK for me currently. TV data seems to come from Singapore.

Are you in Thailand / using Thai UP adr.? Which ISP?

There is a lot of trouble messages about internet speed from Thailand to international websites.

But Thaivisa works OK for me currently. TV data seems to come from Singapore.

I'm in Thailand - the site maybe fast, but it is NOT WORKING properly.

I can't even edit the previous post! You can ping to your heart's content but that doesn't alter the fact that this site - uniquely - doesn't like to load properly on my Mac. My theory is that it isn't in sysnc with Safari, although I get similar problems on Chrome.

now posting that last post i got this!

"

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
[#103128]

The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 14 seconds before replying or posting a new topic.

Try using something other than True DNS or using a VPN to access. In almost all slow loading cases the fault lies with your ISP here in Thailand or there DNS servers or lines to Singapore. This has been the case for years. I am using the same True service but with a VPN and have no slowness issues.

I'm currently in France and TV is blazingly fast and responsive.

It's not always been like this, though. I remember having an unpleasant experience for a while a few weeks/months ago.

But really no complaint as of now...

No Issues here.

Typical response from ThaiVisa - ....the site is a shambles as many can attest to.

just because one or even the majority of users either don't have ...or more likely don't notice the constant bumps and glitches, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

Try using something other than True DNS or using a VPN to access. In almost all slow loading cases the fault lies with your ISP here in Thailand or there DNS servers or lines to Singapore. This has been the case for years. I am using the same True service but with a VPN and have no slowness issues.

I am not concerned about the speed of loading, i'm talking about IMPROPER or INCOMPLETE loading

I notice that thaivisa loads slowly because of a lot of the third party connections that are incorporated into the site are slow.

static.thaivisa.com

googlesyndication.com

reddit.com

doubleclick.net

graph.facebook.com

connect.facebook.net

betrad.com

and about a dozen others that load with each page.

I stopped getting the daily newsletter and notifications from contents I follow.

Now, 2 weeks later, I am receiving the notifications, but still no daily newsletter ?

This is down to an issue isolated with our sending program we are working with the suppliers to fix this, it isnt only yourself not getting the thai visa email newsletter, can you pm with the email address you signed up with please and I'll check.

Using two different Macs with Chrome, (Mac Air on wifi) only occasionally in the evening, do I get a momentary hang... otherwise no problem with speed (on 3bb adsl)

Perhaps try clearing the browsing history / cache once in a while.... that sometimes helps!!

Using two different Macs with Chrome, (Mac Air on wifi) only occasionally in the evening, do I get a momentary hang... otherwise no problem with speed (on 3bb adsl)

Perhaps try clearing the browsing history / cache once in a while.... that sometimes helps!!

I don't seem to be getting through to some.....it isn't a problem of speed per se....it is the fact that it is only partially loading or loading incorrectly..........however I think a lot of people don't actually notice this.....just as they miss the point on the OP.

Actually we do understand that this happens mostly to users of True internet who are not using Google DNS servers or using a VPN for connection. If look ups are slow or connections to the many points is slow there will be issues. But the fact is most people do not have these issues to any great extent and if they do it will be everyone having problems. And you do need speed when there are many connections of data to complete a page load - and a crap circuit will quickly show itself if there are excessive re-transmissions required.

It's ISP issues; not ThaiVisa issues. Just because a person's ISPs routing to many sites works great (speedy) for a person, the ISP's routing to other sites may not work so great (s...l....o....w).

I'm on True in Bangkok...15Mb connection...ThaiVisa works fine...I use Win 10, Chrome and IE.

As I've used various ISP at different locations, I get the feeling this is not the case - I think it is ThaiVisa....I also think that some people aren't noticing the glitches either because they aren't being observant enough or because they are using a different set up to me.

No Issues here.

Typical response from ThaiVisa - ....the site is a shambles as many can attest to.

just because one or even the majority of users either don't have ...or more likely don't notice the constant bumps and glitches, it doesn't mean they aren't there.

what do you want them to say?

the site is a shambles?

its working lawlessly here, it sounds to me like your issues are rather unique to you.

it could be your isp, shoddy router config, problems with DNS or anything.

i can however assure you the site works quite flawlessly for most.

As I said in this topic, I am experiencing similar problems to the OP.

I am in the UK, my ISP is BT Internet. The problems occur regardless of which browser and device I am using and only occur with Thai Visa.

From the number of similar topics regularly appearing in Support, we are by no means the only ones.

And that's just those who do complain; I suspect many more just simply give up trying to read TV or post.

Yet Admin seem strangely reluctant to address the issue; the only advice I got from them was to log out and forget it!

No Issues here.

what do you want them to say?

the site is a shambles?

its working lawlessly here, it sounds to me like your issues are rather unique to you.

it could be your isp, shoddy router config, problems with DNS or anything.

i can however assure you the site works quite flawlessly for most.

"its working lawlessly here," - on that we agree....I think also you'll find there are plenty of people who are experiencing the same as myself.

It would also explain why ThaiVisa are scrapping the current site for a new in the near future - but they seem reluctant to admit that the current site is basically a mish-mash of old programming and patches......

Archived