Expat Life, or Immigrant Life?

MrTee

I don't remember ever being asked about the divorce rate, so I don't know why you're waiting for me to explain it.

I was under the impression I had. So either your memory or mine is imperfect, probably both. So how do you explain it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember ever being asked about the divorce rate, so I don't know why you're waiting for me to explain it.

I was under the impression I had. So either your memory or mine is imperfect, probably both. So how do you explain it?

When did you ask me about it?

Is there a reason you're derailing this thread to interrogate me about it?

Some people like some things. Some people prefer others. We all have different tastes. Why are you so upset by this concept?

Spanish girls are fit - i agree

But so are Northern Thai !

Looking forward to returning to Spain in a few months( villa on the beach)

And no one trying to sell me something !

Some people like some things. Some people prefer others. We all have different tastes. Why are you so upset by this concept?

You've been quite happy to go along with a derailment of the topic for some posts now, so don't come the raw prawn. The concept doesn't upset me. Your disingenuous responses do.

You've been quite happy to go along with a derailment of the topic for some posts now, so don't come the raw prawn. The concept doesn't upset me. Your disingenuous responses do.

Like avoiding a question you never asked me?

Like I said, it's fine that we all like different things. Why do you need to believe that the majority of men agree with your tastes? Just like what you like. That's fine.

Thailand is full of retirees mostly. Few work in Thailand as it is not allowed or overly complicated. Thailand is to be avoided if you have drive and ambition.

I know dozens of people that work here. It probably just seems like it's full of retirees if you spend your time in places where people with nothing much to do hang out.

I cant really see why anyone would want to work here but I guess they have their own reasons

Thailand is full of retirees mostly. Few work in Thailand as it is not allowed or overly complicated. Thailand is to be avoided if you have drive and ambition.

I know dozens of people that work here. It probably just seems like it's full of retirees if you spend your time in places where people with nothing much to do hang out.

I cant really see why anyone would want to work here but I guess they have their own reasons

Well, I worked in Thailand for over 10 years and total in Asia for over 15 mainly because I got 20-25% uplift on my US based salary plus they paid a very nice housing allowance (100k baht per month), got a car and Driver, lump sum home leave payment. I made far more money here then I ever would have if I had stayed in US. Know hundreds just like me.

TH

Well, I worked in Thailand for over 10 years and total in Asia for over 15 mainly because I got 20-25% uplift on my US based salary plus they paid a very nice housing allowance (100k baht per month), got a car and Driver, lump sum home leave payment. I made far more money here then I ever would have if I had stayed in US. Know hundreds just like me.

TH

When a company sends you yes I agree but not finding a job here was my point and you still pay USA taxes

I can't really see why anyone would want to wait until their life was almost over before experiencing more of the world. But I guess it takes all sorts.

When a company sends you yes I agree but not finding a job here was my point and you still pay USA taxes

Actually with foreign income exclusion and tax credits you don't end up paying any US tax and companies pay your local tax.

But I do agree that without a full expat package or least local expat one with Thai company I would not have worked abroad. You have to have some sort of retirement plan.

TH

Spanish girls are fit - i agree

But so are Northern Thai !

Looking forward to returning to Spain in a few months( villa on the beach)

And no one trying to sell me something !

Wot no timeshare?

Actually with foreign income exclusion and tax credits you don't end up paying any US tax and companies pay your local tax.

But I do agree that without a full expat package or least local expat one with Thai company I would not have worked abroad. You have to have some sort of retirement plan.

TH

I agree would not have stayed here as long as I have if I had not been on an full expat package. I don't think Thailand is the ideal retirement destination, but I will eventually retire here, as my family is a here, but I intend to split it between here and the US.

Archived