German Beer

Johnyo

NJoy stocks Weihanstephan, which apparently carries the distinction of being the longest established, continually operating brewery in the world. Rattana sells a reasonable bit of it, but apparently most of the customers are Thai- 'day to day' farang drinkers won't generally pay 255 bht for a beer! She's looking at one or two more imports.

NJoy stocks Weihanstephan, which apparently carries the distinction of being the longest established, continually operating brewery in the world. Rattana sells a reasonable bit of it, but apparently most of the customers are Thai- 'day to day' farang drinkers won't generally pay 255 bht for a beer! She's looking at one or two more imports.

She might consider checking out Leo"s Bar, Sisaket as they are supplying some Ubon establishments with various English/Irish & Scandinavian Ciders.

I am not connected to said business in any way. BTW.

^ Cheers- I will mention it to her. Good excuse to visit Sisaket, anyway! For the record, I'm her husband- but most of you know that already. It grieves me that she has to push out a beer at 255bht- but she makes less mark-up on it than leo or chang, and that's the truth. I think a small gantry of imported beers is in order- but how to get them for the right price, here in the wilds of Ubon?

There is now a domestic cider being produced in Thailand, by a subsidiary of the Red Bull crowd, and it is selling well. Nice to be able to offer one at a half decent price. It's maybe not a Thatchers, or Gaymers etc, but it's quite OK.

^ Cheers- I will mention it to her. Good excuse to visit Sisaket, anyway! For the record, I'm her husband- but most of you know that already. It grieves me that she has to push out a beer at 255bht- but she makes less mark-up on it than leo or chang, and that's the truth. I think a small gantry of imported beers is in order- but how to get them for the right price, here in the wilds of Ubon?

There is now a domestic cider being produced in Thailand, by a subsidiary of the Red Bull crowd, and it is selling well. Nice to be able to offer one at a half decent price. It's maybe not a Thatchers, or Gaymers etc, but it's quite OK.

Whats that cider called? Only seen that awful Syder Bay stuff by Singha

Whats that cider called? Only seen that awful Syder Bay stuff by Singha
Moose (see above post) Edited by DILLIGAD

It's actually "Weihenstephan." For those who never had the chance to visit in person.: http://weihenstephaner.de/

A " brewery tour" is really tasty. I wish their beer was cheaper here. A good Hefeweizen from time to time. Well, can't have it all.....thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

I tried send you a PM , can not. Why not visit Surin where is the main Distributor for many German Beers in Esarn.

Why you not contact Nobbi in Surin who is the Weihenstephan and other German Beer Distributor in Esarn Contact him on FB https://www.facebook.com/NN-Restaurant-Surin-779176385529999/ or visit his homepage http://nnrestaurant.de.tl/ there you can find his phonenumber too

Moose cider there too

Edited by bushmill

^ Thanks for the info- but we already get our Weihenstephan from Nobby! A few other things too (he does some very nice Euro style sausages). Known the guy years, since he had his business up in Nong Khai, and we're pleased to give him business. But would love to be able to offer a few more imported beers, bring down the price a bit, and of course still turn a buck. Well, at least the wife- not like I see any of it. tongue.png

I'll have a chat to him about maybe bundling a few imports together, thus upping the volume, and see if we can do a bit better on price. A possible alternative might be to look for some master distributors/ importers in Bkk. Business is business.

re PM- maybe my post count is below the minimum to receive a PM? Not sure. Anyway, I've decided to become a bit more active in the Isaan sub-forum, after several years as a lurker, so it will hopefully rise to PMable levels soon.

Edited by sabang

^ Thanks for the info- but we already get our Weihenstephan from Nobby! A few other things too (he does some very nice Euro style sausages). Known the guy years, since he had his business up in Nong Khai, and we're pleased to give him business. But would love to be able to offer a few more imported beers, bring down the price a bit, and of course still turn a buck. Well, at least the wife- not like I see any of it. tongue.png

I'll have a chat to him about maybe bundling a few imports together, thus upping the volume, and see if we can do a bit better on price. A possible alternative might be to look for some master distributors/ importers in Bkk. Business is business.

re PM- maybe my post count is below the minimum to receive a PM? Not sure. Anyway, I've decided to become a bit more active in the Isaan sub-forum, after several years as a lurker, so it will hopefully rise to PMable levels soon.

I don't know whe you talked to him last time but he is leaving soon. I can imagine that there is a good chance for some s[ecial prices now, For sure the new What Dunkel Weltenburgen. ANDMoose cider I;m not sure but I think yes,

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Last time we spoke was in person, early January I think. Is the venerable N&N's closing for good, or are they just off for a while?

Either way, I think a trip to Surin then Sisaket is in order.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Last time we spoke was in person, early January I think. Is the venerable N&N's closing for good, or are they just off for a while?

Either way, I think a trip to Surin then Sisaket is in order.

Is closing down in Surin. May he goes back to Nong Khai I don't know.