Solar Surface Pump solution

Hi,

As kind of usually happens on my farm, I mention something that I need to get round to doing and one of my family has the bright idea to organise everything the way they think I wanted it organised without even checking to see if I really wanted to do it.

The last pump we had came about due to this misunderstanding and we now have an electric cable from the in-laws house extended through 'various means' over 4 other peoples rice fields. Obviously thinking about safety (not even a plastic bag to wrap the plugs) and the fact that I was happy to be off-grid I mentioned that we would need another option. The hole only draws very salty water so the water isn't a lot of use anyway.

I have just found out another well has been dug (FIL took it upon himself to organise it), just gone and paid the guy for it. They know I wanted a solar powered pump, so they just dug it and left. Looking at the hole though it seems a submersible is going to be a real squeeze if at all possible as they just dug the same way as they would for a normal electric powered surface pump. Could be wrong though, I just thought submersibles needed a bigger tube.

Does anyone know of a good reasonably cheap solar powered surface pump system I can use?

I am trying to get something sorted before anything else gets done 'for me' as I am pretty sure it might be another c**k up. biggrin.png

Thanks.

Thanks for the views, and if anyone did any research.

I might go with a submersible if I can find one as the tube might be big enough for a small one.

All the other options seem quite expensive.

If anyone in the future sees this and wants to know of surface pump options, the best I have found so far is a 'solar piston pump', hopefully they will be cheaper in the future.

• 2 months later...

Archived