Good nightlife area in udon thani?

P4K

So im here for the night as im doing my visa run tomorrow and pretty bored atm, im staying near the central festival mall. Wheres a good place that tourists go at night? Im no talking about the bargirl bars but places like kao san road, zoe in cm, or bangla road in phuket... are there any places like that here where you can chill with other tourists or is it all just bargirl bars? Im 21 so im looking for a more rounger touristy area, anyone know of anything?

Day and Night..Nutty Park.... are "buy,me drinkee" bars. Very low class (cement stalls)...although there are a few stand alone places. Not really what you are looking for. (compared to Yellow Zoe in Chiang Mai). Mr Tong's (now closed) and "Sisters"(near the train station and very close to Nutty Park) are it. However, there are some thai spots that we have fun in. "Check-in" (north of Nong Prajak Park) has a good live band with farang music (but lacks farangs). Tawang Daeng and Yellow Bird are loud, dancing places with Thai Music. My wife and I enjoy those..and meet many good people (Thai's) there. Dancing and drinking and usually a bunch of cuties your age scattered around). Have to go at 11 p.m. Tawang Daeng is open till after 2am but nothing happens before 11.

Udon is not quite a large backpacker venue, and you won't find places like you would in Chiang Mai/Bangkok for Backpackers. Mostly older retired folks here...with wives and families.

Careful at Day and Night.....they are quite desperate for business. Been overcharged a few times and stay clear of that place.

Edited by slipperylobster

Jesus what the hell you doing in Thailand visa running at your age, no one is that ugly at 21. Go home, find a nice white girl..

At age fifty, we are all Brad Pitt. Come with loaded Bank Card.

FYI Brad Pitt is 52

Thought a Brad Pit was a trip to the toilet....

Not tried it myself but, if I were 21, I would head to Udon Hi-Tech Plaza. It's right near the university and the impression I have is that it has everything a young student would want. I am sure many Thais there would like to practice their English. As stated earlier, Udon is not a place where the backpacker crowd gathers. Good luck.

Thankfully there are few backpackers and they are usually passing through on the way to adventure land, Lao or wherever. And to think, when I first came to sunny SE Asia on an expense paid vacation courtesy Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I too was a backpacker. You won't find a backpacker hangout, there are none, thank you Buddha. Mr. Tong still has a small bar beside his old club which apparently ran afoul of the present governing class. Not the same as the old days. If you are looking for young farang women, you are really shit out of luck, again thankfully. This is not Pattaya, please don't think or act like it is, especially with the Thai people and some of the crazier expats. The Thai night clubs mentioned are fun, but be careful and if you don't speak Thai, well, good luck. Much of Hi-Tech is shut down, but that is the uni area and lots of eye candy, plenty bars in that area for Thais.

I went to Tawan Daeng once at Udon.The girls boyfriend was trying to pimp her out to me.I imagined he wanted some extra money.

Not sure how he would have felt after the fact.Being I was nearing 60 at the time maybe he figured I wouldn't I couldn't do much

With her lol.Anyway I declined.