Letter from my school to cancel my visa?

Hey everyone,

First I apologise if this has been answered before, I'm posting from my phone and the screen is small for my dodgy eyes rolleyes.gif

I work at a school and my current non-imm B visa is due to expire on May 27th 2016.

I am moving out of Thailand on April 5th 2016.

A friend told me I can just leave Thailand on this day, i.e. don't worry about my current visa as I won't need it anyway. However when I went to do a 90 day report today, I happened to mention to the lady that I would be leaving Thailand permanently on April 5th and she said I need to cancel my current visa by bringing a letter from my school.

I believe the immigration lady more than my friend in these matters (immigration lady should know these things), however getting back to my school is not that straight forward since I'm out of the area now and they are closed for summer.

So, can I just leave Thailand on my departure date and allow the airport immigration officer to cancel my current visa and be done with it?

This would be the easiest solution for me, but after today I am worried I may face some problem on my departure date.

Any help much appreciated, cheers thumbsup.gif

ubonjoe, on 18 Mar 2016 - 18:06, said:

If you leave on or before May 27th you will not have a problem. After that you would be on an overstay and be fined 500 baht a day.

Hi ubonjoe,

Many thanks for your reply smile.png

So just to clarify, I can just leave at the airport on the 5th April and not worry about a letter from my school or cancelling my current visa thumbsup.gif

ubonjoe, on 18 Mar 2016 - 18:06, said:

If you leave on or before May 27th you will not have a problem. After that you would be on an overstay and be fined 500 baht a day.

Hi ubonjoe,

Many thanks for your reply smile.png

So just to clarify, I can just leave at the airport on the 5th April and not worry about a letter from my school or cancelling my current visa thumbsup.gif

Correct although you do not have a Visa.

• Like 1