Shaggy's Mod assistant....

Hello all you photo enthusiasts ... here on the Photo and Arts section of Thai Visa.

Some would ask why have taken this Mod job on, well I am not sure if I know why myself yet.!blink.png It must be the medication I have been on lately! tongue.png

I know Shaggy and others who have tried this who with full time jobs have a hard time devoting as much time as sometimes needed... they are all to be commended for giving it a go! thumbsup.gif

Shaggy's efforts have been great to try and get this part of the TV forum to grow, I hope I can do at half the job he has or Oilinki.. not forgetting the "old guard" Kwan Win! and anyone else for that matter too! )

....Being a "local moderator" I don't have the same buttons or powers that a Global Mod has, I have to earn that! Therefore, I hope I can live up to expectations...

At this time, I am not sure what we can change to get this forum to grow ... Shaggy tried very hard at that... some great new members have joined , and some fell by the wayside....but that's the way it goes sometimes....

Perhaps a new challenge to each of you is to try and bring on board some new members... ???

I can't offer a grand prize as in the monthly competition section.... But perhaps three thumbs up, each month!!! thumbsup.giftongue.png ... you need to "introduce" the new member!

I have always maintained that this forum is about sharing images of Thailand and not just for professionals, but for people to help improve their photo skills...

Please try to use photos of at least reasonably good quality, when posting... (better quality is easier on everyone's eyes!!! )

If any of you have any bright ideas, please share them, of what would you like to see here or changed!

Perhaps we can leave this thread open to allow people to do that ?

Cheers, Jim thumbsup.gif

No discussion about moderation allowed smile.png

I'm sure you'll do a grand job and the members on here will be appreciative of the time you put in...

I'm busy with new projects and work but will try and contribute when possible !!

Good onya...

Thanks Carlos! I read elsewhere you had a project going.... ,whistling.gif perhaps updates of progress and your area of Surat Thani too.... I don't get over that way often enough! .... You are appointed tongue.png

Good luck.

I don't think there are many "professionals" on this forum, they will be too busy earning a living to spend time here!

There are those who are enthusiastic about photography as a hobby, try to take the best photos they can, and want to keep improving their skills; and there are those that just want to share snaps with little interest in the quality of the image. There are fewer of the latter, but they tend to post more snaps and therefore dominate the topics.

Both are valid contributors, but I think some of the enthusiasts are discouraged by the volume of the snaps they have to wade through to find the more considered images; and a new member who is a hobby photographer may be put off by what he/she sees compared to some other photography forums.

Previous suggestions to perhaps limit postings or to put more of a focus on trying to improve quality have been labeled as "elitist", so I am not going to stick out my neck and suggest anything; but I do think it is an issue if you want to attract new members.

Thank you Fractured Rabbit for your valuable input, you are probably correct in what you say... not too many professionals but mostly keen photographers....

I think back to my early days around here, several people have much improved their quality of images... some still need to do so... It's a really difficult question to deal with... I suppose as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" .... Then there is "practice makes perfect"

I don't think publically shaming people is the answer, about a poor image.... (over exposed or out of focus... blah blah! ) although constructive comments may help some? But we need to keep it friendly... and choose words carefully... Perhaps sometimes a PM would be better for comments?

I see overnight my status has been upgraded to "Global" mod, I guess I am doing a good job already biggrin.png .. ha ha! There is lots to learn doing this, so going to try to take it slowly... with the primary goal here is help take some of the load off "Good old Shaggy." ...so he has some of his life back! I am finding out already it's takes hours already to get around all this.... four hours already this morning....facepalm.gif !!!!

Anyway, lets all have fun with this forum ...thumbsup.gif

Jim

Good luck although I'm sure you won't need it. A PM is the perfect way to offer advice as Shaggy did with me on an image I posted in wide world. He spotted something that was annoying me and offered to tell me how to put it right. No drama, just how it should be

?

Nice work Jimmy.

I know you will do the forum and yourself proud. Easing the load on Shaggy will also benefit his sanity as well.

Sure, some posters move on but I am also confident they still hold an attachment to TVF Photography and Arts and look in.

Everybody has his own agenda and location restricts participation as well , my position atm.

TBH I am not gone , just lost for a while ...... I wont congratulate you mate , but I will say Thank you !

Nice work Jimmy.

I know you will do the forum and yourself proud. Easing the load on Shaggy will also benefit his sanity as well.

Sure, some posters move on but I am also confident they still hold an attachment to TVF Photography and Arts and look in.

Everybody has his own agenda and location restricts participation as well , my position atm.

TBH I am not gone , just lost for a while ...... I wont congratulate you mate , but I will say Thank you !

Thanks Goompa, great to hear from you thumbsup.gif .... seems I got more likes here than I get on some of my photos! laugh.png

Others mods around the forum have been very helpful already... I appreciate that too! thumbsup.gif

I could not think of a better or more likeable person to to work along side Jim,many thanks for accepting the job!

As for my 'sanity',well I lost that little charm long before I started doing the mod job on here,but it can be demanding sometimes and very

time consuming.Having you here will certainly lighten the load and hopefully also give me more time and opportunity to pursue my own

photography.....after all,that's what we are all here for,or not?

Many thanks mate and welcome on board!!!! biggrin.png

Too much time on my MTBike so I didn't knew you became Global Moderator;

( sent a PM to u );

Happy I am to see you as a GM here on this forum.

FracturedRabbit knows how to write ..

What I don't know to do; maybe first because I'm not native english; but surely because I was always like that during all my already long life ( 67 y this year) ;

I'm not a diplomat man and cannot/don't know/don't want should be better in fact , wrap a piece of unpleasant remarks in my answers .

So it's better for me to shut up rather than write unpleasant things even if they are true .

It's a difficult job Jimmy, what u accept ;

Good luck

Your friend ATX wai.gif

Too much time on my MTBike so I didn't knew you became Global Moderator;

( sent a PM to u );

Happy I am to see you as a GM here on this forum.

FracturedRabbit knows how to write ..

What I don't know to do; maybe first because I'm not native english; but surely because I was always like that during all my already long life ( 67 y this year) ;

I'm not a diplomat man and cannot/don't know/don't want should be better in fact , wrap a piece of unpleasant remarks in my answers .

So it's better for me to shut up rather than write unpleasant things even if they are true .

It's a difficult job Jimmy, what u accept ;

Good luck

Your friend ATX wai.gif

Thanks ATX

I am not GM, only the lowly assistant.... but Shaggy did manage a well deserved day off yesterday! I hope it works we can split time a bit... so not to be tied to a computer all day every day ! facepalm.gif

I have tons to learn doing this.... it is not that easy... but getting help.... god knows I need it! laugh.png

Ermmmmm,Jim

I do believe those words under your profile pic mean that you are a GM,

I must admit that when I see the word 'assistant' in your comments,it always make me think of Fantasia and the sorcerers apprentice!

You are assisting me,not my assistant! biggrin.png

post-126208-0-07267300-1458540442_thumb.

Archived