Best consulates to get a non-b at?

Hi y'all,

I am going to be in bangkok at the beginning of april and decided to not get a background check in my home country due to time constraints, misinformation, etc (mostly likely a bad idea in retrospect). I am going to be applying for teaching positions and I've been scouring the internet to find answers to two questions:

Given the recent "crackdowns", with consulates enforcing the police cert rules, what is the "best" consulate to go to that will (typically) not require a police cert?

Also I was reading (on this site) that the consulate in vientiane does not require a police cert from your home country but rather only a local thai police cert (misinformation?). If I am here on a 60 day tourist visa, would I be able to get a local police check and include it in my non-b visa application, rather that wait eons for an official police cert?

Thank y'all! Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

There is no "best" consulate, they all require you to have a job offer, police clearance and a stack of paperwork supplied by the prospective employer.

Do you have a problem supplying a police clearance certificate from your home country ? Such certificates are usually easily obtained in a short time frame and at small cost.

A local police clearance based on a 60 day stay may not be issued until further inquiry is undertaken within your country of origin.

The "y'all" suggests American so the link should assist

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Thanks for responding! Yeah I was a bit reluctant to use the term "best" but from what I've read there are preferred locations to get a non-b at, such as, it seems that people prefer Vientiane over Kuala Lumpar.

It was mainly the 13-15 week waiting period. I read that you can use, or people have used, certain fbi channelers to get their results faster, so that was the contingency plan.

Yeah, it seemed like local police clearance might have some hoops we'd have to jump through to get.

Info for getting a police clearance certificate for Thailand is here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

You will need a letter from a school requesting it to obtain one.

I is not a matter of preference of Vientiane over Kuala Lumpur. Kl is one of the worst places to apply for any visa.

That's just the thing about this countries Immigration Joe, why should there be worst places and best places to apply for a visa?

I just cannot understand why they don't make their rules and have the same in all their Consulates and Immigration offices.

People are travelling hundreds of miles to avoid the worst places at great inconvenience to them.

They should just be able to travel to the nearest ones to apply for the visa they require without wondering what sort of mood an officer is going to be in.

I dont deal with teachers but Penang and even Kota Bahru are said to be "easy"...also I am not sure for other Labour dept. areas..I'm Surathani based...but WP processing has come under a lot more scrutiny just recently...anyone have similar experiences?

Good luck...

Edited by BigFun