Thai delegation to IPU confirms Thailand’s determination to strengthen democracy

rooster59

Thai delegation to IPU confirms Thailand’s determination to strengthen democracy

Kitti Cheevasittiyanon

post-247607-0-53555900-1458424338_thumb.

BANGKOK, 20 March 2016 (NNT) - The Thai delegation attending the Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly has confirmed Thailand’s determination to strengthen democracy.

First Vice President of the National Legislative Assembly Surachai Liengboonlertchai, who led a group of NLA members to attend the 134th IPU Assembly in Zambia scheduled to meet on March 17-25, has held a bilateral meeting with Mr. Shunichi Suzuki, the head of the delegation representing the Japanese Parliament.

At the meeting, Mr. Surachi thanked the Japanese delegation for the country’s cordial friendship as well as support and understanding of Thailand’s political situation.

He also talked to Mr. Suzuki about the progress of Thailand’s political transition, which is currently focusing on the drafting of the new Constitution that will soon be disclosed to the public to pave the way for a public referendum.

The NLA’s First Vice President also confirmed the assembly's determination to follow the national reform road map to promote a secure and sustainable democratic rule in the country.

Mr. Suzuki, in return, expressed his pleasure in meet with the Thai delegation at all IPU assemblies while noting that Thailand has always been a good friend of Japan as the two countries will celebrate 130 years of diplomatic ties in 2017.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-20 footer_n.gif

Mass delusion and aires and graces and spin have created a fantasy world.

Here is a prime example of audacious feeble pronouncement s .

A military state hell bent on rigging power ...

Who seized power .

Did away with elected Prime ministers

And pretends it has moral authority to continue .

Even preachers on live TV about virtues.

This sickness of Face and make believe will give way to international realities.

Economic hardships and eventually internal discord.

Then perhaps people on mass protesting and the violence.

The violence they pretend to protect Thailand from but will ultimately plunge it into.

Democracy is a ship long sailed in Thailand

We are strengthening democracy by remaining in power and promising elections later when we consider the nation's ready, whenever that will be and only we know,

We ensure democracy by banning all criticism and detaining people who speak out for AA.

Democracy here is just fine providing everyone plays by our rules as everything we do is for the good of the nation.

Say otherwise and .... ! You have been warned.

We are all good military men and know how to march in step, the only problem we have is everyone else is out of step with us.

So, Parliaments have a union (since 1889, no less), I did not know that.

From their Website:

The Union... works for peace and cooperation among peoples...

I see, much like the Miss Universe pageants..., , whatever, great job in fulfilling your mandate the last 130 odd years clap2.gif

More from the Website:

The IPU is financed primarily by its members out of public funds.

Ok, I see the real purpose now..., again good (con)-job thumbsup.gif

Thailand has always been a good friend of Japan as the two countries will celebrate 130 years of diplomatic ties in 2017.

Thailand became a very special friend of Japan when Thai military was defeated by the Japanese in 1941, then forced to declare war against the USA and its Allies in support of the Japanese Empire.

I don't know whether the Japanese delegation had an understanding of Thailand’s political situation. But surely they understand Western democracy brought to them in 1945 with their defeat led by the USA. Somehow I don't think Japanese will be impressed with Prayut's Thai-styled brand of democracy.

Democracy still means the moneyed interests run the show, you just get to choose what puppet you prefer. Still it beats a heavy handed police state.

In the end I like whatever government stays out of my life the most.