Townhomes in Roi Et

revgreen

Hello, I'm looking for a new place in Roi Et. Wanting a private place. Not really wanting a 'condo' or apartment building. A house? Town home? What prices would I be looking at to rent? Do they usually com furnished?

There are lots of choices in Roi Et.

Most available accommodation never seems to be advertised here, but is known locally by the Thais.

When I first moved to Roi Et 2 years ago I rented a furnished apartment run by a British guy and his Thai wife.

Very nice, new, clean apartments (3,500 pm). Month by month contract.

That gave me a base to look around until I found the right house to rent, which I did after 3 months.

Most houses, depending on condition, size and location come in around 5-6,000 baht per month (unfurnished)

Very few are furnished and even then not to western standards.

Our local Immigration office is in Amnat Chareon, but a new office is opening in Roi Et August time, which is very convenient.

If there is anything more specific you want to know about Roi Et, feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots of choices in Roi Et.

Most available accommodation never seems to be advertised here, but is known locally by the Thais.

When I first moved to Roi Et 2 years ago I rented a furnished apartment run by a British guy and his Thai wife.

Very nice, new, clean apartments (3,500 pm). Month by month contract.

That gave me a base to look around until I found the right house to rent, which I did after 3 months.

Most houses, depending on condition, size and location come in around 5-6,000 baht per month (unfurnished)

Very few are furnished and even then not to western standards.

Our local Immigration office is in Amnat Chareon, but a new office is opening in Roi Et August time, which is very convenient.

If there is anything more specific you want to know about Roi Et, feel free to ask.

Cheers for this. I'm open to an apartment, #1 thing is being able to have my own private internet connection. I know most apartment buildings don't allow this though.

Few other questions for you -

Wanting to buy a motorcycle (big bike). Is there a Yamaha / Kawasaki dealer in Roi-Et?

Can you suggest a decent and affordable way to move all my stuff up there from BKK? Hiring a taxi is pretty high, and I'm not sure I trust using the post system as I have a few expensive items (instruments, computer & audio equip, game consoles, etc).

Is there a gym in town? Don't need much, just some free weights, a bench, stuff like that. Is there a park or path for jogging in town?

Apartment buildings usually have a shared internet. There are private apartments where you would need to install your own internet.

Houses for rent as well, 5,000 - 6,000 baht per month.

A man and his van would probably be the cheapest method of moving. Check for services in BKK.

Lots of motorcycle shops, spoilt for choice.

Roi Et has a large central lake and Park with a track around it for jogging.

There are government facilities providing gym and exercising facilities all around the lake and park area.

(Check google maps/ Roi Et/ zoom into the central lake and park then select street view for a look around.

Roi Et may be a small town but it has all amenities and facilities.

Parks, lake, moats, BigC, Makro, Tesco, Robinsons. 2 large shopping centres, a sports stadium (free activities) and 4 swimming pools to my knowledge.

If your seriously considering moving here I'd suggest you take a long weekend out, to view and find an apartment/house.

Thanks. Yes the move is happening. I've visited once but it was just an overnight trip and was work related, so I didn't do much of anything. I'll have a week at the end of the month to get up there, (hopefully) find a place, and move my stuff.

I'd be willing to show you around and make a few contacts, but I'm going back to the UK 21/4 - 13/5.

Local Transport is the problem here. Know someone who may be able to rent you a bike and can recommend places to stay.

• 2 weeks later...