First Date... First Meeting...where to go?

BookMan

I knew a guy who would meet his date the first time at the local tesco food court. He said the water was free and the girl could buy her own food card.

I heard of another guy who would go to a local park and go for a walk...because it was free

Another guy likes to always go to an expensive steak house

Yesterday a friend told me he leaves it up to the girl

Where do you go for your first date/meet and why?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always used to take my first dates dancing and took great pleasure in teaching them a traditional English courtship dance known as "The Quaker Dance" it involved one circuit of the dance floor then outside for your "oats" gigglem.gif

A successful audition was always rewarded with a romantic meal on the second date thumbsup.gif

gentleman or not ?.... cheesy.gif

Edited by petermik

I always used to take my first dates dancing and took great pleasure in teaching them a traditional English courtship dance known as "The Quaker Dance" it involved one circuit of the dance floor then outside for your "oats" gigglem.gif

A successful audition was always rewarded with a romantic meal on the second date thumbsup.gif

dancing is a lot of fun

easier if had a drink or two

I had a sure fire place by the river just before Nonthaburi for a long time but they closed a few years ago after the sad passing of the owner.

It was perfect. Not too heavy on the pocket, lovely open terrace overlooking the river with great views of the BKK skyline, a live 'band' to keep her entertained, an illusion of sophistication, good grub and a decent reputation. Gave me many a 'result' back in the day did the old spot......wai.gif

I used to call it the monkey dance, three times round the floor then round the back for your nuts.

Reminds me of a lad who was a Friday regular at our Friday meet ups in Lower Suk. He'd been on about a lass from his work for ages until he finally got up the bottle to ask her out. She accepted but as he was a relative newcomer (compared to the rest of us) he had no idea where to take her. Everyone stressed 'Anywhere but NOT Lower Suk', and "Under no circumstances bring her within a kilometre of Lower Suk" and so on. Our local was a perfectly respectable place but surrounded by several less salubrious establishments.

However, as some folks are apt to do he thought he knew better and totally ignored our advice, then the week after he turned up with a lovely looking lady, well dressed and clearly a cut above most of the other women in the area. She was looking around her thinking 'what the heck is this place? Why has he bought me here?" "What does he think I am?" "What sort of bloke comes to an area like this regularly?"

After an hour or so and a couple of drinks she seemed to relax and became more chatty but still seemed a tad mortified at the location. As her English wasn't too hot and my Thai is reasonable, I went and had a chat with her and she voiced her concerns to me as we chatted.

Being a total rat who can see an opening when one pops along once it seemed that the lad wasn't going to be taking her on anywhere nicer, I put in an offer to get her out of there to my 'safe home' (see my above post).

She almost took my hand off. As not to make the lad look too daft, nor wishing to create a 'scene' by strolling out into the night with another lad's date on my arm, I told her to sup up and meet me at the fast food place on the corner of the soi from where we could hop in a cab to nicer environs. She did, and I made my excuses and followed her, and that was the beginning of a two year relationship for me. I got some initial flack for my actions however I was unrepentant for if the fool had had followed our unanimous advice he'd have been quids in, but he left the door wide open.

Start at the top and work down. Big C is the place to begin.

Where do you end up? Silly question, but hope you have a thick wallet.

Unless of course you end up in a 7-11 and end up with an ice cream for dessert.

I had a sure fire place by the river just before Nonthaburi for a long time but they closed a few years ago after the sad passing of the owner.

It was perfect. Not too heavy on the pocket, lovely open terrace overlooking the river with great views of the BKK skyline, a live 'band' to keep her entertained, an illusion of sophistication, good grub and a decent reputation. Gave me many a 'result' back in the day did the old spot......wai.gif

That is a perfect sounding place

That is a perfect sounding place

It was pal! I found it by pure fluke one evening while wandering lost in the area near the river ferry and stumbled in a dripping mess to a warm welcome and one of the lasses nipping off to 7-11 to get a cold towel to relieve my heat related distress.

It had a good enough rep that when I mentioned it when asking out a lass in my single days, their eyes would light up which always surprised me as it was nothing flash, just a great spot probably just beyond the pocket of the average Thai worker.

The wife and I had our first date there many moons ago. She was heartbroken to find it had closed after we'd travelled all the way across town from Samut Prakan to pop in and say 'hello' to find it all boarded up and hear the news of the owner's passing....sad.png

Going on a first date: Whether the cinema is a good choice won't be known until you get there. Will it be a Thai film or a Western one? First there is the problem of language and the type of film to see. Too risky for me to contemplate with someone I don't yet know well enough!

You can't fail with food. Yes, a walk in the park, sit by the lake together to work up your appetite, go to the market and buy a couple of nice roses, arrive at a restaurant, that I have considered already as being suitable - proper chairs and tables with a Thai and Western type menu, ask them for a vase for the roses.

Have a glass of wine and enjoy your food and hopefully some conversation to get to know each other. Later go to the Mall and find a nice place to have coffee and a decent dessert.

I pay and if she offers to share, I accept!

My first date I like to arrange. If all is well she can choose what we do next time.

I would do something like this because I want to show my girl that I thought about it as important and could arrange it so she had only to enjoy herself.

Dress quite smart, have a shave. She will like that! Will you hit it off? I have no idea!

Going on a first date: Whether the cinema is a good choice won't be known until you get there. Will it be a Thai film or a Western one? First there is the problem of language and the type of film to see. Too risky for me to contemplate with someone I don't yet know well enough!

You can't fail with food. Yes, a walk in the park, sit by the lake together to work up your appetite, go to the market and buy a couple of nice roses, arrive at a restaurant, that I have considered already as being suitable - proper chairs and tables with a Thai and Western type menu, ask them for a vase for the roses.

Have a glass of wine and enjoy your food and hopefully some conversation to get to know each other. Later go to the Mall and find a nice place to have coffee and a decent dessert.

I pay and if she offers to share, I accept!

My first date I like to arrange. If all is well she can choose what we do next time.

I would do something like this because I want to show my girl that I thought about it as important and could arrange it so she had only to enjoy herself.

Dress quite smart, have a shave. She will like that! Will you hit it off? I have no idea!

You are quite the romantic!

You usually have a few choices regarding films at the larger cinemas

English with Thai Subtitles

Thai with English Subtitles

Thai Dubbed

See something animated or Superhero and the English wont matter too much anyway