• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Explosion heard at Brussels airport
RAF CASERT, Associated Press

BRUSSELS (AP) — At least one person was killed when two explosions ripped through the departure hall at Brussels airport Tuesday, police said. All flights were canceled, arriving planes were being diverted and Belgium's terror alert level was raised to maximum, officials said.

"One person has died and perhaps there are several more," said a police official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the situation was developing.

The explosions hit at the middle of the busiest time at the airport, which serves the city that is the capital of the 28-nation European Union. NATO is also headquartered in the region.

Smoke was seen billowing out of the terminal after Tuesday's morning's blasts.

Amateur video shown on France's i-Tele television showed passengers including a child running with a backpack dashing out of the terminal different directions as they tugged luggage, Another image showed a security officer patroling inside a hall with blasted paneling and what appears to be ceiling insulation covering the floor.

"I knew it was an explosion because I've been around explosions before," said Denise Brandt, an American woman interviewed by Sky television.

"I felt the explosion, the way it feels through your body. And we just looked at each other and I said let's go this way. It was over there. There was just this instinct to get away from it. Then we saw people running, crying, toward us. So I knew we were going in the right direction and away from it. "

Passengers were led onto the tarmac and the crisis center urged people not to come to the airport.

The explosions happened only days after the prime suspect in the Paris attacks Salah Abdeslam was arrested in Brussels.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-03-22

Sky News TV is showing live coverage from one of their reporters who had checked in for a flight and heard the explosions when he was in the duty free area.

Seems to have happened in the check-in area with the front of the building damaged and having it's windows blown out. American Airlines check-in area was mentioned as being a possible location of the explosion(s) - but not confirmed.

Brussels airport blast: several injured after multiple explosions rock Belgian capital
Nick Miller
Europe Correspondent

BRUSSELS: Two explosions have led to the evacuation of Brussels airport.

Belgian media reported that several people had been injured in the airport's departure hall.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/brussels-airport-blast-several-injured-after-multiple-explosions-rock-belgian-capital-20160322-gnos8q.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2016-03-22

Several injured in “explosions” at Brussels Airport
By Catherine Hardy

BRUSSELS: --There are reports that two explosions have been heard at Brussels Airport in Belgium.

Reuters news agency says several people are said to have been injured.

Reports say the alert was raised in a check-in area and there are “multiple casualties”.

The cause is not yet clear.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-22

Brussels Airport Explosion: Terror Attack?

NELSON ALCANTARA

Brussels Airport locked down following explosion, as several people are reporting hearing at least one explosion at Brussels Airport, it's unclear if this was a blast or some kind of accident within the building or involving transport outside it.

I can only say I saw one small bomb near the check-in at Brussels Airport. Still shocked, said Twitter user @soft_guitar60.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/69644/brussels-airport-explosion-terror-attack

-- eTN 2016-03-22

Police says one dead and belgian media announce 11 ... and counting.

So sad for the families of all persons dead and wounded ...

Reason unknown ... when two explosions happen in an overcrowded place within some seconds and each in one side of the place, you do not have to guess for long. The unknow reason is all-too-well known to the common people who are fed up with this policy of letting anyone enter Europe and destroying their life - litterally and figuratively.

Edited by llz

How the hell did they smuggle bombs inside an airport. If this happened in Thailand all barstool investigators here would be mocking the Thai police and calling Thailand a 3rd world country. I guess Thailand is much safer than Europe.

How the hell did they smuggle bombs inside an airport. If this happened in Thailand all barstool investigators here would be mocking the Thai police and calling Thailand a 3rd world country. I guess Thailand is much safer than Europe.

they just entered the main entrance where there is no checking of course since 1000's of people enter every hour. a lot of weak spots around us. there simply is no way to avoid these things.

There is no cheap points to be gained in terrorism or terrorist activities.

Perhaps you and others should appreciate that there are some people on this forum that have a degree of expertise when it comes to terrorism.

That would be them that you are quick to label zealots, the very same ones that have been posting warning after warning that terrorism is only going to increase.

RIP to those that have died and a speedy recovery to those that were injured.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

No one is really surprised; not really. We all recoil in shock and loss but the numb is setting in. These events are shortly becoming...commonplace- the new normal. If people think for a moment that this is a natural and inevitable process that the West is going through of our own evolution, your mistaken. This is an entirely imported, preventable, predictable insurgency of a warring subculture. A fool would know Europe would shortly look like other parts of the warring world.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
racist

A good point and Europe has become much less safe in recent times as a direct result of the German Chancellor inviting many 1000's of "refugees" to enter Europe illegally.

Time to take our homelands back............This shit will never stop all the time WE bend over.......

i'm sure the native americans think the same thing ... coffee1.gif

Or the citizens of all the Arabic countries that western countries have bombed to pieces the last few decades. Take your pick, there are thousands of angry, bitter young Arabs around, many of whom have lost close family to western attacks and the terror that has followed in what are now failed states.