Japanese investors concerned with Thai labor force

webfact

At my Honda-dealer they even can't pump a tire, also they don't have a manometre in the shop...They have 3-400 new Honda's though and loads of "engineers".

Also they even can't tighten a nut properly, it will come loose within a day.

When they repair or change a tire they use screwdrivers to put it on the wheel.

I can understand the Japanese get tired of that.

My woman bought herself a nice new E Sport Toyota and insists that the technical staff in the dealership (in Korat) told her to switch off the accessories, especially the aircon, before switching off the engine. So we have this weird routine happening each time we stop.

I'm given a sad face when I drive and switch off the engine without any of that nonsense.

It's a little bit like whan she cleans her teeth before breakfast . . . don't know where she got that from.

Well technical staff at Toyota know more than the all knowing farang then calling things nonsense...switching the aircon off before switching off the engine dries out the evaporator, preventing mould build up and possible smells

So on this "nonsesnse"

Thai Toyota staff - 1

All knowing farang - 0

Only for that to happen you should switch off the aircon at least 15 - 30 minutes prior to switching off the engine.

The Chruncher - 1

Bobotie - 0

That would require thinking about and understanding what is actually involved. Which goes back to the education process: rote learning or learning how to think for yourself.

Regarding education in Thailand: there is two systems: the rich, high quality system akin to Western education and state education system which has very low standards. Thus you could blame the establishment for fostering such a low quality system to keep the general population uneducated and under control.

You are correct with the exception that the rich system is akin to Western standards.

You would know if you hires dozens of kids from Chula and Thammasat and Mahidol. None of these kids can think and none are truly educated

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic