Suvarnabhumi Airport named fifth best airport by Skytrax

webfact

Impossible ..... The airport is badly Organised and Long walks !

Restrooms are the most filthy I have seen and also the sofas around the seating area is all dirty

Maybe you have a more efficient way to move 40-50 million people a year around without having to make them walk to far?

I have seen a few floor escalators i must say!.....You know, for the old/lazyermm.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fifth best out of airports with between 40 and 50 million passengers per year. How many airports are there with 40 to 50 million passengers per year? 5?

This is an old marketing trick. You can always be number 1 at something if you define the category narrowly enough. Example, MBA programs that claim to be in the top 3 in the world... In the category agricultural finance.

Correct.

http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards/best_airports_by_size.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just flew to Hong Kong. I found it similar to Incheon. They both are on islands far away from anything. They both make you take a train to get to and from the gate. I really hate the whole escalator / train rush with a bunch of luggage. But the airport express train was very nice at Hong Kong.

I prefer Suvarnabhumi SO much. Maybe because it's my home airport now, but I'm always happy to land there.

I just flew to Hong Kong. I found it similar to Incheon. They both are on islands far away from anything. They both make you take a train to get to and from the gate. I really hate the whole escalator / train rush with a bunch of luggage. But the airport express train was very nice at Hong Kong.

Some airlines let you check in at the train station in Hong Kong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airport_Express_(MTR)#In-town_check-in