Klia Kuala Lumpur Int'l Airport

tottis

I returned from Kuala Lumpur by AirAsia last week and nearly lost my flight.

I bought my return ticket in KL, and left for the airport well ahead of time. I figured the check-in counter wasn't open yet, and I had a coffee and read a paper. When I had about 75 minutes left

before departure I started looking for the check-in counter. The board indicated T1, but I couldn't

find any T1. Contacted INFORMATION and was told that AirAsia check-in was at another Terminal

about 20 km away, and I'd have to go there by bus, or by taxi, from another level to be reached by the lift.

The bus service to the Low Cost Terminal is apparently very uncertain or very poor, so that was out.

The taxi service had a long line (queue) of passengers waiting... a very poor option.

I got hold of a "freelancer" -- for once I was glad I did -- as he brought me to the Low Cost Terminal in 15 min and for a RM 40/fare. He wanted RM 60, but accepted RM 40.

I arrived at the Low Cost Terminal with 10 min to spare before they close for my flight

It was RM 40 or losing the flight.

Now there was no infformation as to this Low Cost Terminal anywhere, no listing and no warning.

I don't know if you're warned if you purchase your ticket in BKK, but I doubt it very much.

I nearly got caught out by this as well, I didn't know there were 2 separate terminals and I was wondering why the international airport looked so small on arrival.

Luckily I showed up at KLIA 2 hours before my flight and noticed the Air Asia departures didn't have check in gate numbers. There's a minibus downstairs you can catch to the LCC terminal (2 ringgits).