Ford Ranger or Toyota Revo

The interior of the wildtrack is IMHO awful... Low quality plastics and garish colours. Poor seats too. The revo looks awful, drives terrible with feeless steering.

I would have considered the Isuzu but no 4 door was available in new model at the time. Tried the navara sport-tech , great interior, loads of kit, 3 years service and breakdown etc etc.. 200k cheaper than ford or Toyota. Most reviews in Australia say the navara is best truck on sale...why do all wiltrack drivers drive so aggressively and generally badly?

I'll ask the missus.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

The interior of the wildtrack is IMHO awful... Low quality plastics and garish colours. Poor seats too. The revo looks awful, drives terrible with feeless steering.

I would have considered the Isuzu but no 4 door was available in new model at the time. Tried the navara sport-tech , great interior, loads of kit, 3 years service and breakdown etc etc.. 200k cheaper than ford or Toyota. Most reviews in Australia say the navara is best truck on sale...why do all wiltrack drivers drive so aggressively and generally badly?

The NP300 is also a decent truck - but you need to be aware that the version we get here is not the same as the one they get in Australia. Export versions have rear coil spring that's tuned for comfort, local versions all get leaf springs.

You've also got to be careful when looking at engine options, because they're all the same size (2.5L), but not all the same output. Only the "VL" models get the 190 HP version - "V", "EL" and "S" grades all get an engine of the same size, but only 163 HP.

Comparing apples to apples, there's also not 200K between the NP300 and the Ranger, examples:

NP300 4-door Calibre V 7AT Sporttech (163HP) = 995K - it's nearest equivalent is the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L 6AT (160HP) at 985K.

NP300 4-door 4WD VL 7AT (190HP) = 1.038M - Ranger Double Cab 4x4 3.2L XLT 6AT (200HP) = 1.019M

Only at the top spec is there a meaningful price gap:

NP300 4-door 4WD VL 7AT Sporttech (190HP) = 1.08M - Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L 4x4 6AT (200HP) = 1.189M - but that model Ranger has a lot more features.

Toyota number One in Thailand I am always told

Toyota's market share has been falling steadily for the past 5 or so years - this year's sales numbers so far are down fairly dramatically though - over 30% less year-on-year. Conversely, Mazda and Ford are up by around 30% year-on-year, and Mitsubishi is up by around 15%.

Toyota still maintain the top spot for overall sales for their full range, but for context, are only about 20% in front of 2nd placed Isuzu who sell only a pickup truck and a PPV.

Isuzu's new 1.9 DDi blue power D-Max models have been incredibly well received buy the Thai buying public - where FE rates over HP - and have given them a real boost in sales since launch. No-one here talks about them much, because 150HP isn't enough for folk around here, and let's face it, diesel isn't that expensive right? smile.png People on these forums also seem to put more importance on things like safety and tech features - which others are willing to forego for a lower price, or cheaper running costs.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

The NP300 is also a decent truck - but you need to be aware that the version we get here is not the same as the one they get in Australia. Export versions have rear coil spring that's tuned for comfort, local versions all get leaf springs.

You've also got to be careful when looking at engine options, because they're all the same size (2.5L), but not all the same output. Only the "VL" models get the 190 HP version - "V", "EL" and "S" grades all get an engine of the same size, but only 163 HP.

Comparing apples to apples, there's also not 200K between the NP300 and the Ranger, examples:

NP300 4-door Calibre V 7AT Sporttech (163HP) = 995K - it's nearest equivalent is the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L 6AT (160HP) at 985K.

NP300 4-door 4WD VL 7AT (190HP) = 1.038M - Ranger Double Cab 4x4 3.2L XLT 6AT (200HP) = 1.019M

Only at the top spec is there a meaningful price gap:

NP300 4-door 4WD VL 7AT Sporttech (190HP) = 1.08M - Ranger Wildtrak 3.2L 4x4 6AT (200HP) = 1.189M - but that model Ranger has a lot more features.

Well there you go Rolly and Mini the facts☺ Edited by JAS21

Not really... It doesn't take into account discounts. Sport-tech was available with 100k off and 3 year servicing and breakdown...

Buy what you want... Up to you. I was having a conversation, not an argument.... I'm out.

Ford are doing 50-60K discounts, plus free insurance and some accessories.

Toyota are doing 100K discounts, but up to you to pay for extras..

i.e. They're all doing similar overall deals ATM.

I'm not arguing anything, just giving some facts :)

I like the NP300 - I think it's stylish inside and out, but you need to be mindful of local version differences when evaluating reviews & comparisons from overseas. As noted the local version have different rear suspension, and less safety features (only 2 airbags) from export versions. I doubt a local version would rate in any Australian comparison test because of that - but different markets have different priorities.

• Like 1

At the bottom end there's hardly any difference in torque, I don't think the 190 was worth the extra IMHO.

I agree - in all brands their lower-capacity/HP versions are usually perfectly adequate, and the best on FE too, but you do need to keep and eye on safety and infotainment features, as they are often missing too.

Edited by IMHO

Not really... It doesn't take into account discounts. Sport-tech was available with 100k off and 3 year servicing and breakdown...

Buy what you want... Up to you. I was having a conversation, not an argument.... I'm out.

I'm not arguing anything, just giving some facts :)

I like the NP300 - I think it's stylish inside and out, but you need to be mindful of local version differences when evaluating reviews & comparisons from overseas. As noted the local version have different rear suspension, and less safety features (only 2 airbags) from export versions. I doubt a local version would rate in any Australian comparison test because of that - but different markets have different priorities.

I didn't see any discounts for the wildtrak ?

I'm not arguing anything, just giving some facts smile.png

You won't see any official discounts on the NP300 or Revo either - you have to negotiate them :)

http://www.newrangerclub.com/thread-42378-1-1.html

I have been told no discounts or free accessories on Wildtrak even though sales people know that I'm a friend of store owner!

Go have a look at NewRangerClub.com - most sellers there are offering free insurance, a list of about 20 extras, plus discounts up to 60K depending on model. It's not hard to get these deals.. they're just a phone call away.

• Like 1

Can't be rushed or their feet going by sales figures can they[emoji3]

Given Ford have around 1/3rd the dealerships of Isuzu or Toyota, I'd say each one moves around the same units/month. A Ford dealership is probably a busier place than a Honda one though.

Ford Dealerships,hmm,I'm not easily pleased ,most dopey lot of Thais I've ever met. You are different imho if you get pissed of with idiots you just change. Thais can't. I recall The new Ford Showroom in Central Plaza Phitsanulok, where is the Service adept. ?. Not here it's somewhere else..Poor Old Henry deserves better than those clowns.[emoji23]

• Like 1

Ford Dealerships,hmm,I'm not easily pleased ,most dopey lot of Thais I've ever met. You are different imho if you get pissed of with idiots you just change. Thais can't. I recall The new Ford Showroom in Central Plaza Phitsanulok, where is the Service adept. ?. Not here it's somewhere else..Poor Old Henry deserves better than those clowns.[emoji23]

Satellite dealerships with showrooms only aren't that uncommon, all brands have some... I'm surprised that a Ford franchisee in Phitsanulok can make a business case around having two locations - they must be doing OK.

Picked up the Ford XLS today. Book price was 649,000. I was originally going for the cheapest one (599,000) but they had, I suppose, last years model with 18 km on it. 45,000 discount. Add ons over the base model were cruise, radio controls on the steering wheel. Power windows, locks, mirrors, CD player w/ USB port and phone connection. Manual 6 speed.

All the extras but was not expecting a cam. Got to go back next week to install it because have to wait for window film to cure.

Very nice truck. The 6 speed will take some time to get used to because of reverse and the close shift pattern but it should be easy enough. I only have ever driven 3, 4 and 5 speeds and autos before.

• Like 1

I have been told no discounts or free accessories on Wildtrak even though sales people know that I'm a friend of store owner!

Possibly because of the 0% interest rate?
What 0% interest rate?

I've also never heard of 0% interest on Wildtrak models - but it's common on lower grades - most seem to be offering 0% in lieu of a 50,000 Baht discount though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not arguing anything, just giving some facts smile.png

You won't see any official discounts on the NP300 or Revo either - you have to negotiate them smile.png

http://www.newrangerclub.com/thread-42378-1-1.html

Toyota give an allowance of 55,000baht on the top of range Revo, which is used to give you "freebies" The less to you take the more bonus the dealer keeps!.

But seriously is any body having any problems with a Revo Auto gearbox such as clunks and nosy gear changes, or are they normal. Just replaced my MU7 for one so Not sure if the actions are normal! Revo only on 2000 kms and 3 weeks old.

Toyota give an allowance of 55,000baht on the top of range Revo, which is used to give you "freebies" The less to you take the more bonus the dealer keeps!.

But seriously is any body having any problems with a Revo Auto gearbox such as clunks and nosy gear changes, or are they normal. Just replaced my MU7 for one so Not sure if the actions are normal! Revo only on 2000 kms and 3 weeks old.

There's nothing normal about clunks in an auto transmission. What does your servicing dealer have to say about it?

• Like 2