Not a good idea to try driving up the BTS steps in a Benz!

Jonathan Fairfield

pissed as a newt, no idea what happened, lucky nobody injured, hope he gets charged for DD, but if he has plenty of money as he seems to have, no action will be taken.

How do you know that? And, the others liking your post, how is it you agree? All I see is a sketchy ThaiVisa news report with the supposed opinion of a food seller saying the driver was "asleep" or "unconscious" at the wheel.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Police suspect negligent driving but investigations continue before further action is taken."

Well - I suspect he was sh**faced drunk.

But really - how can you only suspect negligent driving when his car is wedged in the skytrain stairs? They waiting to see how wealthy he is when he finishes his nap?

Seems like an open and shut case to me. We need to get these drunken nuts off the road.

I remember once in a taxi about 4am going down Rama IV road - it looked like something out of Mad Max, the number of accidents. The mangled Tuk Tuk made me shiver...

You can only suspect negligent driving because there may have been another reason; like illness or avoiding a child on the street.

You keyboard detectives are worse than you accuse the Thai police of being. Get the facts, then make your judgement.

pissed as a newt, no idea what happened, lucky nobody injured, hope he gets charged for DD, but if he has plenty of money as he seems to have, no action will be taken.

Apart from lightening his wallet somewhat.

I missed out. This is the BTS station closest to me. I even know the street vendor - Mrs. Phuang Phuangpila.

When I rode by in a taxi, I noticed the damaged handrail and wondered what happened. I thought maybe a bus had slid up against it. Never imagined this.

Pissed as a newt? Says who? Where you there to administer the test? What action would there be to take in a no injury, no 3rd party damage accident?

No problem, it is Thonglor where the son of Red Bull hit a policeman on his motorbike with his Ferrari and got away with it. Even if the case gets to court they will find that the Policeman reversed his motorbike into the Ferrari. Similarly, with the right lubrication to the wheels of justice, they will conclude that the BTS stairs jumped out in front of the Korean's Mercedes.

As that is an ongoing case with a new investigator he obviously hasn't got away with anything yet.

Ahhh speed and proberly alcohol replace brains every time.I guess that he was trying to fit in with the rich locals.Hell this may get him a step up on permanent residency.Of course he did loose points because he didn't hit anyone.I hope that he had his "The gas peddle stuck and the breaks failed" story ready.

"Ahhh speed and proberly alcohol replace brains every time."

D'you reckon speed and alcohol probably replaced yours?

"I hope that he had his "The gas peddle stuck and the breaks failed" story ready."

Brain replacement theory confirmed. Proberly [sic].

One day the insurance companies are going to click on about giving insurance policies out to young head cases with high powered autos.my daughters insurance quote was £4000 @17yrs on a fiat 1000cc.and she can drive and knows the hi way code.they think the difference between a continuous yellow centre line and a striped centre line is...they are saving paint..TIT

C300 high powered? Young head case? He is nearly twice your daughter's age, where do you see a comparison?

Do the UK roads now have yellow and yellow striped centre lines? Yellow striped with what other colour? Thought they were either broken or solid white lines like most of the the rest of the world?

I missed out. This is the BTS station closest to me. I even know the street vendor - Mrs. Phuang Phuangpila.

When I rode by in a taxi, I noticed the damaged handrail and wondered what happened. I thought maybe a bus had slid up against it. Never imagined this.

Must have been a different station that you "rode by" if it was the "damaged handrail" that got your attention. The very clear photos show that there was no damage to the handrail at Thonglor at all.

Yep' hung drawn and quartered and the rest of your sheep have all folllowed right back behind you !!!!!! Nothing to say he had been drinking but you kicked off your accusations without a moments thought for the poor bloke !!

Baa Baa Baa !!!!!!!!!!!

Pissed driving ..... should loose his licence for 2 years & 50,000 baht fine ..... what if he hit & killed someone .... bah.gif

Absolutely correct....hope this is what happens

He' is non-Thai Asian, so he might get a slap on the shoulders and back and a hefty fine...........................

Just a Thai or Chinese Mercedes, not a real one made in Germany.

Comes in bits in containers, boxes and luggage and then is re-assembled very carefully and meticulously by highly trained local Mercedes technicians. cheesy.gif

Of course it never occurred to the TVF posters that he may have had a medical problem and passed out before mounting the pavement. It's far easier to accuse him of DUI or some other avoidable reason.