Samui: Anti-Burmese sentiments surge as mob accuses worker of abusing child

webfact

Anti-Burmese Sentiments Surge as Mob Accuses Worker of Abusing Child
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14591447831459144822l.jpg
About 30 people gathered at a Koh Samui police station Sunday to demand the arrest of a Myanmar man they accuse of sexually abusing a young child. Police said the suspect was cooperating but had been released for lack of evidence.

SAMUI — An angry mob gathered at a police station on Koh Samui last night because they believed officers released a Myanmar man who raped a young girl.

Dozens of vendors from Chaweng Walking Street went to protest for an hour in front of the Bo Phud Police Station on Sunday night because they thought the perpetrator of an assault on a 4-year-old girl had been allowed to flee the island.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1459144783

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-28

Anti-Burmese Sentiments Surge as Mob Accuses Worker of Abusing Child

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen

Staff Reporter

14591447831459144822l.jpg

About 30 people gathered at a Koh Samui police station Sunday to demand the arrest of a Myanmar man they accuse of sexually abusing a young child. Police said the suspect was cooperating but had been released for lack of evidence.

SAMUI An angry mob gathered at a police station on Koh Samui last night because they believed officers released a Myanmar man who raped a young girl.

Dozens of vendors from Chaweng Walking Street went to protest for an hour in front of the Bo Phud Police Station on Sunday night because they thought the perpetrator of an assault on a 4-year-old girl had been allowed to flee the island.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1459144783

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2016-03-28

Thank God tv sleuths are not permitted to do the same thing after being on a case for 10 minutes or Thailands undertakers would be making fortunes.

Just saying ....

Police later brought in a Myanmar worker for questioning and later released him because they didn’t find anything suspicious and had no evidence.

And I thought you didn't need any evidence to frame someone from Myanmar, you just made it up and fabricated some DNA tests.

Burmese Workers Cleared of Child Rape Charge
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14591619821459161996l.jpg
About 30 people gathered at a Koh Samui police station Sunday to demand the arrest of a Myanmar man they accuse of sexually abusing a young child.

SAMUI — Two Burmese workers accused of raping a 4-year-old girl were released without charge after a medical exam and testimony of the alleged victim cleared them of wrongdoing.

Police determined two Myanmar men were falsely accused by an angry mob Sunday night of assaulting a young Thai girl after Koh Samui Hospital found no evidence of sexual assault in its examination of the girl.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1459161982&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-29

Police later brought in a Myanmar worker for questioning and later released him because they didn’t find anything suspicious and had no evidence.

And I thought you didn't need any evidence to frame someone from Myanmar, you just made it up and fabricated some DNA tests.

But that only happens when there is someone rich enough to pay the police to get off their ass involved.

That is correct.

However, everyone involved in the framing, from the investigating office to the forensic staff, would expect to be rewarded. In this case, nobody is worried enough to pay for a police fit-up job.

Racially?

Please be so kind to explain to me, and others, the racial difference between Thai and Burmese?

There must be some differences that us Farangs cannot pick up & l know that their languages are in different families.

l read somewhere that Burmese is in the same family as Tibetan.

Apart from that can they recognise each other's different race/nationality when they meet?

This is sad -the Burmese are hated by many Thai's yet they do many menial jobs in Thailand.

The more educated Thai people are not so racially prejudiced!!!!

....'puak rao'......means 'us'........that excludes any and all non-Thais....

...the basis of this deep-rooted racism and resentment.......

....(don't shoot the messenger)

As usual in this kind of thread, the lack of precision in the use of words makes the 'conversation' look very much like a meeting between baboons and parrots (or, for that matter, a session in parliament). So, allow me to refresh the memories of those who 'read somewhere that ...'

1/ Races : there are ONLY 4 races : White, Black, Yellow and Red (I know it's not the PC way of calling them but it's simple and REAL)

2/ Ethnic groups : there are thousands. They are based on genetic factors and do not, by far, coincide with nations, which are based on political factors. This discrepancy is the cause of endless unrest, wars and hatred among humans.

3/ Sino-Tibetan : a group of about 400 languages spoken throughout Asia.

4/ Tibeto-Burman : a subgroup of the Sino-Tibetan group, covering the languages that are not basically Sinitic (ie Chinese)

5/ Racism : a word that is vastly and wrongly used as a synonym of prejudice, discrimination or sectarianism.

It seems the RTP got this one right...and freed the innocents...let's hope the crowd keeps the pressure on the lazy and stupid RTP to find the real offender, if there actually is one...Children are highly impressionable and will make any statement they feel will lend comfort or acceptance...if I were the Burmese fellows, I'd get out of town ASAP

Most likely the original rapist himself is one of the people standing in the very front line of this mob, demanding that a Burmese hangs for his crime. Same as rapists and murderers volunteering themselves in a search for their very own victim, or offering some help, so they are up to date with the progress of the investigation (reminds me of certain people on this shoddy island, Koh Trash or something, damn - forgot the name). Good to read the RTP did not buckle under the pressure as usual...

- Are the majority of Thais racist ? Yes

- Are the majority of Thais prejudiced against surrounding nations, ethnic groups and sexual minorities ? Yes

- Are the majority of other people in other countries racist and prejudiced too ? Yes

- Are racism and prejudice getting worse in Thailand and around the world nowadays ? Yes

- Are the 'educated' people in Thailand or elsewhere globally less racist ? No. That may have been true until the 1990s but it is not true anymore.

- Are the present leaders of Thailand more racist than their predecessors ? Nope. The 'farang'-bashing, Burma-bashing and Khmer-bashing routines of many Thai politicians started a long time ago, and on all sides, because accusing foreigners of all your problems is the oldest trick in the book of demagogy.

Racially?

Please be so kind to explain to me, and others, the racial difference between Thai and Burmese?

There are various definitions of what race means. One of them happens to be:

A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution:

Happy now?

This is sad -the Burmese are hated by many Thai's yet they do many menial jobs in Thailand.

The more educated Thai people are not so racially prejudiced!!!!

Those who pointed the finger at the Burmese, should be charged with Moral Damages or at least make a public apology!

Racially?

It would appear that the use of the word in this context is perfectly correct due to their difference in ethnicity! Please see - http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/91084/is-there-a-word-similar-to-racism-when-referring-to-an-ethnic-group-rather-tha I suppose a pedant might insist on using ethnophobic, ethnophobically and ethnophobism, but personally I think racist covers the attitude of far too many Thais toward a Burmese or Myranmaran perfectly well!

Racially?

There must be some differences that us Farangs cannot pick up & l know that their languages are in different families.

l read somewhere that Burmese is in the same family as Tibetan.

Apart from that can they recognise each other's different race/nationality when they meet?

Good grief. Surely you jest?

It seems the RTP got this one right...and freed the innocents...let's hope the crowd keeps the pressure on the lazy and stupid RTP to find the real offender, if there actually is one...Children are highly impressionable and will make any statement they feel will lend comfort or acceptance...if I were the Burmese fellows, I'd get out of town ASAP

Hymen don't lie.

Most likely the original rapist himself is one of the people standing in the very front line of this mob, demanding that a Burmese hangs for his crime. Same as rapists and murderers volunteering themselves in a search for their very own victim, or offering some help, so they are up to date with the progress of the investigation (reminds me of certain people on this shoddy island, Koh Trash or something, damn - forgot the name). Good to read the RTP did not buckle under the pressure as usual...

If you read the article it appears that there is no "original rapist". The child was examined at hospital and it was determined that no rape occurred.

Archived