Nigerian gang arrested for robbing from guests in Pattaya hotels

webfact

Nigerian gang arrested for robbing from guests in Pattaya hotels
Kwaang Siripoom

ni.jpg
Image: Daily News

PATTAYA:-- Police from Pattaya have arrested and charged three Nigerian men with robbery, reports Thaivisa News.

On Sunday, Pol.Mj.Gen.Ampol Buarabphon confirmed the arrest of Mr Jaho Nonso and Mr Osas Samuel, both 30, along with accomplice Mr Ugochukwu Ejimadu, 33.

Pol.Mj.Gen.Ampol revealed that back in August a number of hoteliers reported that the three men had been renting rooms in various hotels across the city and stealing cash from other guests.

Armed with an arrest warrant, officers went after the three men on Friday after receiving information that they were staying in a hotel near Tukcom.

The three Nigerians then reportedly fled leading officers to eventually track them down to an address in Samut Prakan province.

ni2.jpg

Pol.Mj.Gen.Ampol told reporters how the three men would rent rooms in hotels, climbing over the balcony of neighbouring rooms to steal from other guests.

Police say the trio committed a total of eight robberies over a seven month period. The total cost of damage to the rooms they robbed and the amount of money they stole is in excess of 454,800 baht

As well as being charged in relation to the robberies, the three men have also been charged with immigration offences and overstaying their visas.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-28

Ok call it as it is.. good job by the police here..... now leverage these guys to the hilt to give up other names/ contacts with reduced jail time sentences as inducement but on discharge immediate deportation and recorded as never admissible again.... what you've just done Pattaya Police is good now take it one step further and pull the drawstrings on the net.......... note my comments for anyone inclined to think that these comments are biased on the melanin content of the perpetrators skin , I would comment exactly the same if it was those of a caucasian complexion........

Nigerians overstaying visas....who would have figured coffee1.gif Like I've stated before, all this paperwork we much go through only inconveniences decent people....while the criminals are free to roam the streets.

....and stealing. Seems so out of character.

I haven't met a good Nigerian yet. I don't understand whey they're allowed to hang out at 7-11 between Sukhumvit 13-17. They're approaching everyone with a 'deal'

And for sure........no work permit

Unless they have nicked one

Edited by DD13

I haven't met a good Nigerian yet. I don't understand whey they're allowed to hang out at 7-11 between Sukhumvit 13-17. They're approaching everyone with a 'deal'

Yeah I see them there. I doubt they are breaking any law just for being there and nor do they actually carry drugs on them they are not that stupid. Basically those guys are just the order takers

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

I think that it would be great if the BIB would block off the exits of Walking Street checking for correct visa stamps,and any international warrants of arrest.I would think that they would have to commandeer some city buses to handle all the arrests they could make.It sure would get rid of a lot of bums and others from here.Oh wait a minute,like police all over the world,most of them know only how to REACT and not to have a plan of prevention.

Yeah I see them there. I doubt they are breaking any law just for being there and nor do they actually carry drugs on them they are not that stupid. Basically those guys are just the order takers

If the police were to pursue this, it would end up being complicated very quickly. It is believed that a well placed official - not Thai! - is handling the details of providing these folks with valid visas. For a fee, of course. So, inspection of their passports will show them as legitimate. Hanging out on Sukhumvit does not require a WP. And as noted, they will never have incriminating evidence on them. It would require a sting operation, which would require someone other than a Thai to approach them.

But I would so love to see it...

So I guess their Facebook scams on the Thais wasn't very successful so they had to resort to stealing. I know of 3 cases personally of girls targeted on Facebook.

I actually spoke to one on the phone for a girl I know, he claimed to be from Scotland (photo of a sharp looking white bloke provided) and had fun asking him about his non Scottish accent. He claimed he was actually in Scotland when I was speaking to him, but they were busted in a house in Soi Kao Talo about two weeks after.

There are heaps of Nigerians in Thai jails already. They love a scam. A lot of them are successful, not just in Thailand but all over the world.

All the great cities around the world attract scammers, Pattaya the City of Love by the Sea, is no different.

Why even let these Niggerians into the country, the only money they have is when I pay them to send me my dead uncles inheritance of $55,000000 (fifty five million dollars)

Too bad it was in Zimbabwe dollars. tongue.png

I am a Black American and am neither a thief, drug dealer, a pimp, nor on overstay. I served my country in the military from 1970 to 1993 as an enlisted person and a Commissioned Officer. I have a Bachelors degree, 2 Masters, and a Jurist Doctor degree. I have three children, son is an M.D. and both daughters are attorneys. Your intelligence is showing by lumping all black people in the same pile. Same as if I would say all child molesters are Caucasians and the police should get rid of this scum. But I know better, and judge people by their character and not the color of their skin. I have followed TV for almost 6 years and rarely comment, only if I have helpful information to share. But it gets tiring reading all these racist posts and everyone accepting this stupidity without commenting.