Trash Hero Hua Hin Takes On Pranburi Forest Park

snoop1130

Trash Hero Hua Hin Takes On Pranburi Forest Park
Hua Hin Today

post-249866-0-07730900-1459256272_thumb.

HUA HIN -- Trash Hero Hua Hin with 39 volunteers, has removed 350 kilograms of trash from Pranburi Forest Park.

On Sunday March 13th, Trash Hero Hua Hin, together with students from Mahidol University International College and other volunteers totaling 39 people helped to clean the beach at Pranburi Forest Park. The team removed 350 kilograms of trash in 2 hours. Trash Hero Hua Hin is one of the 11 chapters in Thailand of the non-profit organisation Trash Hero, which also has another 4 chapters in Indonesia. Trash Hero Thailand is also the winner of Thailand’s Green Excellent Awards 2015.

It has been almost a year since Trash Hero Hua Hin was started. They have already removed 1,332 kilograms of trash with the help of 330 volunteers in 43 cleanups. A special request from one Trash Hero: “To all the smokers on the beach; a request. I don’t mind your habit, done it myself for a long time, but please could you take your butts with you when you leave? Or collect them in a soda can or empty water bottle during the day? So much easier to dispense and the beaches will look so much better. Thank you in advance, cleaning up starts with you.” For more information and the weekly meeting point of Trash Hero Hua Hin and your opportunity to get involved, please see www.facebook.com/trashherohuahin

Source: http://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/trash-hero-hua-hin-takes-pranburi-forest-park/

hh2d.jpg
-- Hua Hin Today 2016-03-29

Littering here is a National Pastime. I was messing around with Google Street View, looking at the trek up to Yousimte Falls, not a single piece of litter in sight. Littering in this country is on the top of my pet peeves list ......

Littering here is a National Pastime. I was messing around with Google Street View, looking at the trek up to Yousimte Falls, not a single piece of litter in sight. Littering in this country is on the top of my pet peeves list ......

It has always been my pet peeve. The learning curve should start in the home but is sadly lacking. Step 2 should be the school system. Step 3 should be governments with incentives. Step 4 should be the media as in this case promote cleanups with pictures. Here is one place where the PM could really score some points but he seems oblivious to it. He has a submarine fixation. When looking at the overall population the number of "Trash Heroes" is pitifully small but a start. It should be on the same level as the "Biking for Dad" campaign.

This is one of the worse programs around the world. This allows governments like Thailand to ignore the problem which is the fishermen and hotels and cities sending 10,000 times what is cleaned off of the beach into the ocean. Oh the beach is so clean . I guess we don't have a problem. This should stop especially in the tourist areas so the Thai gov. has some added pressure to impoose laws and educate their people that this is a problem.

These people set a fine example,which unfortunately few other people in the country are ever likely to follow. The beauty of making trips back to Europe is seeing just how pristine most of the countryside is, and full of abundant wildlife, most notably small and larger mammals, fox, badger, deer, and myriad birds of prey, all of which I have rarely seen here, if at all. Most of Thailand just looks like a desolate, over-cultivated, rubbish-strewn wasteland.