Someone got already Marschmallow for Galaxy S5?

alocacoc

It's kinda strange. The update should be about 1.4 GB. Samsung did roll out Marschmallow in South Korea and some other countries. Yesterday i connected my phone to Kies 3 and i was asked to update my firmware. The download would be 1.4GB. So i guessed it must be Android 6.0 I wasn't able to to the update since the battery wasn't charged. Later i checked it on the "About Device" menue on the phone and get offered an update, but only about 270MB large. So i let the phone update, but its still version 5.0.

There are some reports on Thai forums where users confirm that they got the 6.0.

Probably just a security update, if it was released it would be on Sammobile.

I do like the title thought 'already got marshmalllow' by the time they finally release it to all handsets it will be time for Android N version.

Samsung very bad with there updates, obviously cannot be bothered.

Edited by 2008bangkok

Just got the same update 270 MB from he phone.

Interesting. Because, Kies3 offered me an update which was 1.4GB large. When i wanted to proceed the update(few hours later), it was only 270 MB large. May be, Samsung did withdraw the update and sent a smaller one which -may be - prepared the phone for the major update later.

I have a SM-G900F. Bought in Thailand.

Edited by alocacoc