One civilian dies, several police injured in eight separate bomb explosions in Pattani

webfact

One civilian died and several police were injured in eight explosions in Pattani

391_explosions-in-Pattani-wpcf_728x409.j

PATTANI: -- Security was tightened at maximum as explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) personnel this morning sealed off several roads in Yaring town of Pattani searching for homemade bombs after southern militants planted and detonated bombs in eight locations in and outside the town last night and this morning.

The bombing in Pattani prompted the Forward Command of the Internal Security Operation Command to place maximum security at all southern tourism towns, particularly Hat Yai, where tourists from neighbouring countries are expected to visit during the Songkran festival.

Security officials set up road checkpoints at all road accesses to Hat Yai town checking all passing vehicles from the border and insurgency infested provinces.

Businesses are also asked to help mounting maximum security at their premises.

In the trouble plagued Pattani, one villager was killed in the bomb explosion and a several of police and EOD police were injured in the seventh explosion morning.

But latest bomb explosion at the eighth location was reported at 9 am as a team of EOD was inspecting a suspected area after the area was sealed off traffic.

A hidden roadside bomb went off as EOD team was detecting the hidden bombs.

Five EOD police were hurt.

According to Yaring police, six bombs went off at six locations which included state bank and local government office, postal office, foodshop in and outside the town last night wounding five police officers and a resident.

The seventh bomb was detonated this morning killing a resident and wounding another.

Following the bomb explosions last night, security officers sealed off several roads to the explosion scenes for safety reason as they believed more bombs might be hidden to harm security officers and EOD team inspecting the areas.

They did not enter the scenes at night but waited until day break to clear the areas.

Security officials today advised residents of Yaring to stay at homes as they feared more bombs could be hidden as clearing operation is ongoing.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/157672

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-31

RIP, and a full recovery for each injured victim.

On the bright side, the PM is protecting citizens from car show pretties.

"Shortly after the coup in 2014, the military government promised to end violence in the South within one year."

Edited by dukeandduke

RIP, and a full recovery for each injured victim.

On the bright side, the PM is protecting citizens from car show pretties.

"Shortly after the coup in 2014, the military government promised to end violence in the South within one year."

Yes, but car show pretties make Thailand look bad.

Ah...the joy and peace of living in Southern Thailand...

Shootings and bombings are now an almost daily occurrence...

Time to either take demonstrative action...or abandon ship...

This scene is being played out all over the world...while the "good" Muslims keep their mouth shut and heads down...

Following the temporary seizure of the Cho-airong district hospital by 50 insurgents, Prayut issued an urgent order for increased security measures in the southern border provinces as well as care for those affected by a recent insurgent attack. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Gen Prawit Wongsuwan meanwhile, let on he has not added any additional orders to the commands of the premier as he is confident that the Kingdom’s security agents can handle the situation.

Within the next two weeks (by my count) 11 bombs exploded, 18 policemen/paramilitary rangers and

2 civilians wounded with 1 civilian and 3 policemen killed.

Outstanding job General Prawit. You deserve a medal for bravery. wai2.gif

I went to Pattini and Yala several years ago with my Thai relatives. They are

Buddhist and were very worried while we were visiting the two temples in the area.

We only stayed during one day, and were back on the train to Bangkok that night.

Since that time none of my relatives have gone back past Surat Thani because

of the problems in the south. I do not see any improvement to this situation, but

I do see a future when there will be way more violence for a short time, then when the

dust settles, life in Thailand maybe become peaceful again after the major violence

happens. For now I feel very sorry for the police , military and others who have to

risk their lives in the Southern part of Thailand. Good luck to them all.

Geezer

wow what a mess... amazing this type of attack is so common it not even big news anymore.

RIP.

It was quite common in Northern Ireland some 50 years ago and in many other countries also. The first one is usually bait to catch the security forces, police and emergency services in the second one.

SOP for terrorists worldwide.

wow what a mess... amazing this type of attack is so common it not even big news anymore.

RIP.

It was quite common in Northern Ireland some 50 years ago and in many other countries also. The first one is usually bait to catch the security forces, police and emergency services in the second one.

SOP for terrorists worldwide.

Yes i know what you mean. I am an American but I was in Belfast three different times during "The Troubles". Had to go through some major security that was in place. Airport, hotels and main shopping plazas. Not the sleepy security that goes on in Thailand. Suitcases searched in hotel parking lot away from the main building, turnstiles at the entrances to shopping areas with only one way in and out. Searched in London departing and searched again on arrival in Belfast. A real search going through everything. And saw the heavy police and military everywhere in armored vehicles.