Warning: Check you bill and change in minimarkets

wump

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought three cans of coke once and only got given two straws.

Bloody scammers! blink.png

Yeah, bloody scammers, I put a one baht coin into the machine to weigh myself, the machine wasn't working, so I

went into the shop to ask for my 1 Bt back, the girl looked at me as if I was daft. but 1 Bt is 1 Bt.

This post was just a wind up, I know I'm from Scotland, but 1 Baht?? really.

The other scenario I've come across quite a few times is that additional items that weren't purchased are included to your bill.

Staff need phone credit too, you know rolleyes.gif .

A bit hard to check the receipt if you had like 20 items and can't read Thai script.

And I just remembered another scam: You buy promotion items which initially ring up as normal price but get discounted later after the cashier presses the TOTAL button. If they don't press it, you pay the normal price displayed as SUBTOTAL and the cashier pockets the difference (which can be a lot). So if the cashier gets their calculator out, it's often another indicator you're getting scammed.

This does happen frequently. I never hand over the money until the total button is pressed.

OK - this might seem crazy - but how many times have you bought something that has .5 of a baht on the price.

Milk is always 45.5 or 50.5. Then they tell you they have no 50 sattang coins to give you back in your change.

A damned lie....if they do this with every customer the 0.5 bahts soon add up.

It happend to me 3 times in a row in the same shop and I let rip and handed back the bottle of milk and demanded my money back.

Lots of sheepish inane grins (Thai smiles) losing face ...and from then on, I now make sure I buy products that come to a round number.

It would be easy for shops to have several hundred customers in a day. Say 500 and they ripped 250 of them off this way... thats 125 baht a day equals 3,500 baht in a month...enough for Thai people to rent a room for a month with.....0.5 goes a long way...

Really .... wow just really ....???