Green Marks On 30-day Permits At Suvannapoom.

Just arrived back here in BKK for the 2nd time at Suvannapoom new airport. Usually stay for around 2 monthes in Thailand in nov/dec and again 30 days in jan/febr, to escape the winter in Europe. Thus certainly not on permanent stay, though use(d) the 30-day permits and simply went out/visited some other country for a few days in between. Nationality is Dutch.

Noted that on both arrivals (got a free mileage ticket this time and used it also to visit Korea, while winter had not come there yet) the usual 30-day permit stamp had an extra green marker on it, and both times the officer did appear to specifically check the screen (as a ''regular'' all my data are in the system) and follow up instructions from there. On the space that they usually scribbled the ''30 wan'' or nothing in the past, now a different Thai ''code'' which I nor friends can decypher (a few Thai letters). I assume its a kind of warning to officers to check that I am a potential ''max 90-days user'', but thats just my guess.

Anyone had similar? What DO those computers in fact registrate, nbesides obviously name/Passp nr, dates entry/exit?? also the time spent in Thailand, otherwise some very dreadful day-counts and mathematics have to been done when 30/12 arrives and the magic limit may apply.

Fear not, all new systems are abandoned after a couple of months in favour of the status quo, easy life, avoidance of headaches, etc.etc. If it's too much trouble they'll drop it. More seriously I'd be concerned about the sticker that Customs placed on your behind whilst you were waiting at the immigration counter. You have been 'flagged'. Should same sticker been spotted on said behind 30 days hence, expect to be pulled by the bottom inspectors. These stickers only show up under U-V light.

While the computer might be able to handle many cases, there must be a reason for the green markings/notes - which sounds like a very manual procedure to me (the computer does not read green markings :o ). Gonna be interesting times when Jan comes around!

Cheers!

On the space that they usually scribbled the ''30 wan'' or nothing in the past, now a different Thai ''code'' which I nor friends can decypher (a few Thai letters). I assume its a kind of warning to officers to check that I am a potential ''max 90-days user'', but thats just my guess.

If it's possible, scan just the entry stamp and post it here for others a chance to intepret the characters.

This sounds like it might be something new as others who have arrived through the airport on 30 day entries say their stamps were not notated in green (or any other rainbow color).

Fear not, all new systems are abandoned after a couple of months in favour of the status quo, easy life, avoidance of headaches, etc.etc. If it's too much trouble they'll drop it. More seriously I'd be concerned about the sticker that Customs placed on your behind whilst you were waiting at the immigration counter. You have been 'flagged'. Should same sticker been spotted on said behind 30 days hence, expect to be pulled by the bottom inspectors. These stickers only show up under U-V light.

The OP asked a simple but serious question, he did not need to be reminded that there are seriously simple minded people in LOS. :o

I would suspect the numbered items would be checked at manual crossings starting in December - the flag alerts the officers of what entries the days need to be counted on. Will make it much easier to do without computer if they can ignore all the other passport entries.

When i arrived on October 19 i got the same green mark on the 30 day stamp.

I have lots of 30 dayers in my passport and this was the first one that was marked in green.

I am pretty sure this is a method to start counting the stamps and days to check that you are not doing more than 90 days in any 6 month period on the 30 day stamps. I can't see any other reason for it.