Filipino Con Artist On Sukumvit

Spaniel

I read your post history...which anyone in this forum can do.You are a con man.You have admitted in previous posts to being a man.You have bashed filipinos in previous posts.I invite all members to take a look for themselves..............I am through talking with you....you are a disgrace.

Who are you referring to?

For if it is Graceless, I am jumping to her side... I made the mistake of doubting that she is in fact her avatar once before... (okay, well, she had a diff avatar then..) and I shall not repeat the mistake nor add insult to injury.

Whether she herself is a con artist :D:o:D .. .

remains to be discovered. :D:D

Graceless Fawn I admire your passionate defence of Filipino integrity, (and certainly your avatar) however after reading the forum I can see no substantial evidence of any racism or slight towards Filipinos.

What I read was generally only conjecture and opinion, which by nature is subjective, and not intended to be factual pronouncements. I assume this is self evident to most readers?

It may be you have come across implied or actual racism before and therefore assumed the thread was going that way, made the further connection and rightly then got upset.

However this would be an error on your behalf, and is quite unfair to what the posters have actually intended and written.

I would like to clarify some issues.

First, I have never cried racism.

I was merely clarifying the supposedly 'personal encounters with the Filipino cons in Sukhumvit road' incidents. And I never said, that there are no any Filipino cons. I was simply trying to check-out the story and verify what people said happened!

I beg to disagree, but I think that if the members were strong enough to 'suspect and write it in the forum that the cons in Sukhumvit are in fact Filipinos,' I would like to think that I am allowed to examine and double check the supposed arguments!

I am sorry to say this....... but this is the truth. People have never come-up with facts!

What do you mean "suspect"? I spoke to them in tagalog, found out exactly where they come from.. god this is like flogging a dead horse.

This has turned into a Filipino bashing thread and thats not right ...!

This has not turned into a Filipino bashing thread at all. It is a Filipino scammers bashing thread though. Please don't play the racist card thinking you are being PC.

Quite right: thieves of any nationality should be named and shamed: The prime ministers wife was a victim; see Thai visa link below:

Filipina steals handbag from Khunying Potjaman Shinawatra

The woman was arrested for theft her name was Teresita Zapanta, a Filipina.

I followed this report for awhile...............

If only you had dug a bit further, instead of jumping the gun........ you will know that the Filipino name was cleared! The speculations were wrong... It was someone else with another nationality who commited the crime!

The woman was arrested for theft her name was Teresita Zapanta, a Filipina.

For a while.

Graceless Fawn I admire your passionate defence of Filipino integrity, (and certainly your avatar) however after reading the forum I can see no substantial evidence of any racism or slight towards Filipinos.

What I read was generally only conjecture and opinion, which by nature is subjective, and not intended to be factual pronouncements. I assume this is self evident to most readers?

It may be you have come across implied or actual racism before and therefore assumed the thread was going that way, made the further connection and rightly then got upset.

However this would be an error on your behalf, and is quite unfair to what the posters have actually intended and written.

I would like to clarify some issues.

First, I have never cried racism.

I was merely clarifying the supposedly 'personal encounters with the Filipino cons in Sukhumvit road' incidents. And I never said, that there are no any Filipino cons. I was simply trying to check-out the story and verify what people said happened!

I beg to disagree, but I think that if the members were strong enough to 'suspect and write it in the forum that the cons in Sukhumvit are in fact Filipinos,' I would like to think that I am allowed to examine and double check the supposed arguments!

I am sorry to say this....... but this is the truth. People have never come-up with facts!

Fair enough, but it is a bit like trying to prove 'this ice cream tastes like vanilla'

Anyway, getting late, catch you on another thread...

The Phillipino-english accent is easy to pick. It's like comparing Liverpudlians with Yorkshiremen, it stands out like dogs balls.

We all know a fool and his money are easily parted.

Having said that, can I interest any of you in a lovely harbour bridge with seaveiws?

Only one owner, and just 70-odd years old.

PM me for my bank deposit details.

I read your post history...which anyone in this forum can do.You are a con man.You have admitted in previous posts to being a man.You have bashed filipinos in previous posts.I invite all members to take a look for themselves..............I am through talking with you....you are a disgrace.

For if it is Graceless, I am jumping to her side... I made the mistake of doubting that she is in fact her avatar once before... (okay, well, she had a diff avatar then..) and I shall not repeat the mistake nor add insult to injury.

Posted on: 2006-10-05 09:11:47

Group: Members

Member No.: 21,101

I'm sorry for the confusion fellows, but I have a confession to make.............

I'm afraid that I am indeed a guy! I am 50 years old!

I'm sorry for leading ya'll on!

I promise to be good next time................................this post was extracted frm fawns post history.enough said?

What do you mean "suspect"? I spoke to them in tagalog, found out exactly where they come from.. god this is like flogging a dead horse.

Relax VanZam, you have a valid point that's why I never contradicted what you had to say after you mentioned that conversation in Tagalog!

So far, you're the only one who has a proof to support what you say. I respect you for that!

But as far as I am concerned, the bold rest who claimed/suspected that the cons in Sukhumvit are Filipinos are merely speculating, guessing, and putting two and two together. As far as evidence goes, they've presented nothing!

I'm sorry for the confusion fellows, but I have a confession to make.............

I promise to be good next time................................this post was extracted frm fawns post history.enough said?

Bummer!!

Alright...........

I did PM someone here..... (You know who you are) to simply call me!

I guess, he was too scared to prove himself wrong!

Edited by GracelessFawn

Relax VanZam, you have a valid point that's why I never contradicted what you had to say after you mentioned that conversation in Tagalog!

So far, you're the only one who has a proof to support what you say. I respect you for that!

But as far as I am concerned, the bold rest who claimed/suspected that the cons in Sukhumvit are Filipinos are merely speculating, guessing, and putting two and two together. As far as evidence goes, they've presented nothing!

Yep, we speculated correctly, guessed correctly and put two and two together correctly which Vanzam has confirmed does indeed make four.

As far as evidence goes nothing has been presented by anyone, we are making comments on an internet thread, this is not a court of law.

Just get over the fact that you've made a complete muppet of yourself.

Yep, we speculated correctly, guessed correctly and put two and two together correctly which Vanzam has confirmed does indeed make four.

As far as evidence goes nothing has been presented by anyone, we are making comments on an internet thread, this is not a court of law.

Just get over the fact that you've made a complete muppet of yourself.

Alright..... I apologize to everyone for being too aggressive.

I'm a fairly easy-going girl, but there are topics that I am passionate about and this is one of them!

Good on you the Fawn. It's worth getting passionate about shit being said about your people, but these scammers, f.uck them. I'm looking forward to seeing them next time I'm down that way. :D

Old Croc, 'outed'? Has someone been posting pics of me in women's clothing again? :o

I think she was joking mate. :D

Is it just me, or does this thread make everybody want to down a bottle of whiskey?

indeed, if you had read the thread from which that post was extracted you would have seen the circumstances and understoof that she was joking.

Incidentally, It was that particular thread where I first doubted the "newbie" (at that time) GF.

And as I said, that is long forgotten. She is, who she says she is... whether we like it :D or not.. :D

GF, I just sent you a add request on myspace

edit:

PS: Maddy, have you got any whisky... I'll provide the spices... :D (which reminds me, I'm off to amsterdam tomorrow!!!

Edited by kayo

I think she was joking mate. :o

Is it just me, or does this thread make everybody want to down a bottle of whiskey?

Way ahead of you...... they can have one of my kidneys ..... dialysis will be certain to follow anyway (I hope not)

//edit/delete/kayo made a better point than me .... :D

Edited by Thaddeus

Let's not forget those nice Caucasian gentlemen who pedal bogus time shares in Pataya.

Theres no land border to Thailand from any farang country so I would very much doubt they would be scamming anybody. Sure they not Malays? :o

Kayo, Amsterdams a blast, have a good time mate. :D

GF, I just sent you a add request on myspace

And what am I Kayo, a leper? Find me in her friends list, (no doubt I'm in the holy top eight :D) and add me.

:D Sorry mads.. I saw you ages ago on I.C's (rakrakrak) friends list, but I thought... I don't eat fish....

hereby, :D

Let's not forget those nice Caucasian gentlemen who pedal bogus time shares in Pataya.

Theres no land border to Thailand from any farang country so I would very much doubt they would be scamming anybody. Sure they not Malays? :D

Kayo, Amsterdams a blast, have a good time mate. :D

yeah I will, I reckon...

Doing the rounds, what with being back ineurope and all.

a couple of friends there, and some relatives too.

I used to live there 97 - 99 ...had to leave for too much smokies

then I lived in LOS 99 -04.. Had to leave for too much booze...

then I went to Guatemala 04 -06... had to leave for too much Snow!

I'm going back to england.... first time (to live) since 97.

Anyone else see a pattern.... :o

edit:

Thanks Gracie!

Edited by kayo

I used to live there 97 - 99 ...had to leave for too much smokies

then I lived in LOS 99 -04.. Had to leave for too much booze...

then I went to Guatemala 04 -06... had to leave for too much Snow!

I'm going back to england.... first time (to live) since 97.

Anyone else see a pattern.... :o

edit:

Thanks Gracie!

Yes, you were *living* in all these places. Don't worry, patterns are always broken eventually :D

The OP mentioned that he happened upon some Filipinos engaged in a scam, as have others. That doesn't mean that all filipinos are doing this, only that the OP encountered some who were. That is not bashing, just stating a fact. The issue raised by Graceless Fawn is silly in the extreme. If she doesn't realize that the majority of filipinos are immediately recognizable by their accent, pronunciation, vocabulary, etc., she should. Nothing wrong with that. Most Americans are immediately recognizable as Americans for the same reason, Germans as Germans, Japanese as Japanese, etc. & etc.

I mentioned encountering a filipino scammer in Bangkok some time ago. Since Graceless Fawn asked about qualifications that allow someone to determine whether or not someone is a filipino/a, here are mine: Lived in Manila two years, studied the country and people at the M.A. and Ph.D. levels, and did a minor in linguistics. Oh, and I had a number of close filipino and filipino-American friends in the US. Do I need anything more??

There is a reason why farangs might be more likely to encounter a filipino engaging in those kinds of scams compared to other Southeast Asians, and that is because many filipinos speak fluent and colloquial English and are very familiar with Western (specifically American) behavior, customs, culture, etc. That is a very distinct advantage for anyone wishing to engage in any kind of confidance trick or scam, which by their very nature involve gaining someone's trust, etc. Someone with a poor grasp of English and a difficult to understand accent would probably have a difficult time finding people to come home with them and play cards. The exception of course being if they were an attractive young woman. In that case body language alone might suffice. :o

Edited by qualtrough

The OP mentioned that he happened upon some Filipinos engaged in a scam, as have others. That doesn't mean that all filipinos are doing this, only that the OP encountered some who were. That is not bashing, just stating a fact. The issue raised by Graceless Fawn is silly in the extreme. If she doesn't realize that the majority of filipinos are immediately recognizable by their accent, pronunciation, vocabulary, etc., she should. Nothing wrong with that. Most Americans are immediately recognizable as Americans for the same reason, Germans as Germans, Japanese as Japanese, etc. & etc.

I mentioned encountering a filipino scammer in Bangkok some time ago. Since Graceless Fawn asked about qualifications that allow someone to determine whether or not someone is a filipino/a, here are mine: Lived in Manila two years, studied the country and people at the M.A. and Ph.D. levels, and did a minor in linguistics. Oh, and I had a number of close filipino and filipino-American friends in the US. Do I need anything more??

There is a reason why farangs might be more likely to encounter a filipino engaging in those kinds of scams compared to other Southeast Asians, and that is because many filipinos speak fluent and colloquial English and are very familiar with Western (specifically American) behavior, customs, culture, etc. That is a very distinct advantage for anyone wishing to engage in any kind of confidance trick or scam, which by their very nature involve gaining someone's trust, etc. Someone with a poor grasp of English and a difficult to understand accent would probably have a difficult time finding people to come home with them and play cards. The exception of course being if they were an attractive young woman. In that case body language alone might suffice. :D

Excellent Post.

Philippine nationality male and females use their good knowledge of the English language to scam other first world English speaking nationals.

Their perfidy is pernicious and treacherous. I lived in Manila for a while and I can attest that I experienced attempted scams on a daily basis, from taxi drivers, to shopkeepers, to street vendors, to whores.

The Philippines is the most corrupt nation on earth. I would trust Africa with my Grandmother in comparison.

Apart from that, they are really friendly people. :o

Did you read Fawn's apology above quallie and libya? It seems we can stop flogging the horse now and do something more interesting.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks it's unlikely that organ snappers would pick Sukhumvit punters as prime targets?

If any group of people on this ole rock is bound to have worn out organs, surely this is the one? :o

Edited by weary

[

Excellent Post.

Philippine nationality male and females use their good knowledge of the English language to scam other first world English speaking nationals.

Their perfidy is pernicious and treacherous. I lived in Manila for a while and I can attest that I experienced attempted scams on a daily basis, from taxi drivers, to shopkeepers, to street vendors, to whores.

The Philippines is the most corrupt nation on earth. I would trust Africa with my Grandmother in comparison.

Apart from that, they are really friendly people. :o

For the record I would like to state that I do not share libya 115's opinions about the Philippines, and during my time there I don't recall anyone trying to scam me.