New relocation to Thailand - need some advises

Hello guys,

A friend of mine, he's Canadian national, holder of PhD degree in chemistry with experiences in the academic field (teaching),

as well worked in the oil fields, he is planning to relocate to Thailand and find a suitable job as a lecturer or alike jobs,

I would like to ask some questions :

1) How easy to find a job in the academic level for a chemist doctor in Thailand?

2) Are there some universities / institutions / research centers offering jobs in this field for foreigners?

3) For a chemist doctor, how much the monthly wage (approx.) as a lecturer in the university?

4) Which is the better choice for him, to teach or to work for a company or research center in his field of expertise?

5) How possible to open a Bank account once he arrived to the Thailand? or must wait to obtain a WP?

Kindly share your advise, any recommendations will be highly appreciate, with many thanks in advance.

Regards!

Edited by momtaz

I don't wish to sound negative but you VERY qualified friend who is considering a MAJOR job change in addition to a foreign country. Asks you to post on such a limited forum as thaivisa?

Please

I couldn't have said it any better.

I don't wish to sound negative but you VERY qualified friend who is considering a MAJOR job change in addition to a foreign country. Asks you to post on such a limited forum as thaivisa?

Please

REPLY:

1. my friend doesn't know about this forum or any thing inside Thailand,

2. this is just my effort, probably some of our members here have some experiences, or something to share..

3. I was much better if you saved you time instead of wasting your VALUABLE time in typing these sarcastic words,

Your friend would be best advised to contact the major Thai universities and the O&G companies active in Thailand direct, inquiring about opportunities.

Thanks Jonatong, your advise appreciated and will be considered,

Please

REPLY:

2. this is just my effort, probably some of our members here have some experiences, or something to share..

3. I was much better if you saved you time instead of wasting your VALUABLE time in typing these sarcastic words,

Perhaps introduce your " friend" to forum. In any event this is not so much a visa question. Its a given he would need work permit. Perhaps employment in los may yield more info .

Please

REPLY:

if your freind doesnt know anything about thailand,best for him is to relocate SOMEWHERE ELSE.

sound advice with over 30odd yrs. of being in the KNOW.

Well, regarding this post, it's just my initiatve to get some info and share my advise,

in several occassions I posed some questions in this forum on behalf of my friends,

I guess no wrong to ask, if some has something to share is fine, if not why consuming time for the sake of criticism or insult indirectly,

time to time I read some questions or shared stories on here often turn to be topic of sarcasm, at some point going provocative and more insulting,

However, I would ask the moderator to close or delete this topic, enough here!

Thanks for all comments.

• Like 1