Airport Tax

summerT

No, it's still 500 Baht. It's scheduled to increase to 700 Baht in February, 2007, but it looks like some or all airlines will be collecting it as part of the ticket price so you shouldn't have to pay it separately at that point unless you bought a ticket before they included it in the ticket price.

Moved to here from where it was before, or something like that.

oh, and Soju is correct as far as it has been reported so far. There are other threads here in the new airport forum that deal with that.

Do you think it better if you do not see the tax you pay? or would you prefer to pay it the way it is done now?

Do you think it better if you do not see the tax you pay? or would you prefer to pay it the way it is done now?

I don't mind paying cash on departure, but as far as I have seen there are only two booths and no automatic machines, so longer queues than at Don Muang.

I recently got a "FREE" birthday Royal O Club milage r/t ticket on Thai for wifie Lon-Bang-CM/--Bang-Lon...etc and had to pay the the tax which was..... £140.00.

Departure -Fuel Surcharge-Security-bleeding heart Tax et all.. so I suppose another 500bt/700bt to coff up within wont make too much difference.

Now with all the talk on Global Warming the government is looking for a reason to bung on even MORE dosh into it including ...carbon footprint-kero VAT (@17.5% )heavy breathing..maybe ... plus possible VAT on airline Ticket prices amongst others....

Could easily be another £50 quid or so.....make the best of it while its cheap.... :o .

I think it's better if you pay the tax separately. To many taxes are hidden from us. If everyone saw each and every tax they had to pay, they might be shocked. I agree it is a convenience to have the tax included, but it's also a ripoff for passengers who buy two separate tickets, with a transit in BKK, but never leave the airport. They will end up paying an additional 700 Baht which they wouldn't have to pay under the old method. There may or may not be a refund scheme for these passengers, but almost certainly any refund process will not be easy and so most passengers will just begrudgingly let the airport keep the tax. What would be nice is if they had a system whereby you could opt to not have the tax included in your ticket and have your ticket marked as such, then have the ticket checked on departure to see if you need to pay the tax or not. That would be the best of both worlds, but of course might be difficult to implement.