Garmin - Where ?

Hel123

I've been advised via the motoring forum that I should get a Garmin GPS..... I would prefer to purchase it from a shop as opposed to online (I was given the link to an online supplier).

This is the product :-

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/garmin-driveassist-50lmt/prod524703.html

If anyone knows where I could buy one in Pattaya I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

H.

In Pattaya I always bought my Garmin gps and accessories from a shop on the 2nd floor in Tukcom. (The floor with all the mobile phones). He is on the far left North Corner. .

On the ground floor there is also a shop that sells garmin, but they are more expensive then the shop on the 2nd floor.

Edit: That specific model isn't available in Thailand. The one that comes close is this one:

http://www.gpssociety.com/EN/Pages/productdetailfeature.aspx?SiteName=EN&Category=PND&ID=39

Priced at 14990 THB

Edited by MJCM

• 2 weeks later...

I just use the maps on my Iphone, fine for basic things.

I always used my phone before but now I have a real Satnav it is so much better, easier and more convenient, all for the sake of 4k baht.

I also got it so I could use the Garmin reversing camera.

Just bought the Nuvi 57LM at Halfords in UK. Cost me £79 (less than 4k baht).

Be careful loading Thai Firmware on your device, better stick to the Uk firmware and be advised that some features on the Thai Maps (may) not work like for example Junction View etc Edited by MJCM

Navigators are best bought locally where needed.
Because of maps and any other special functions.

Besides, they are not expensive devices and buying them locally ensures that they will work properly.
If you import and and slam a thai-map on it, where are the savings when it doesn't work?

Mine came with a note that said not to update with anything but the thai-provided firmware from the thai-site.

Download the program from www.garmin.co.th/mapupdate and check if it can update your device. Do you have LTM / I Life time map updates?

Edit: there are detailed instructions (in English) on that page how to do it

Edited by MJCM

I went back to the shop in Tukcom where I bought mine & it's all closed up with empty shelves.

I was hoping to get it updated

Think that guy has moved shop to Harbor. Right side on floor 4 or something.