Visas and stamps all over... and pushing it?

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, my name is Francois (yes, I'm french)!

I've been coming a lot these last 4 years, with about 6 thai tourist visas on my old passeport - and God knows how many stamps, from visa runs, extensions, etc... It's all over, and I only have 2 pages left.

I've broke my 60 days tourist visa to come back to France, and came back here with nothing (because I couldn't get another tourist visa).

So I'm here on a stamp only. I'm planning on extending for another 30 days, I guess that should be ok. BUT I'd like to stay at least 3 more weeks, so I'm thinking of going to Ventiane for a visa run...

Is that reasonable? Am I really pushing it too far?

Thank you in advance for your ideas & advices to a newbie,

Cheers,

f

Should be fine.

Much depends if you have back to back tourist visas from Vientiane,do you ?

If not I see no real issue,especially as you've recently been to Europe effectively breaking the cycle of back to back.

Why didn't you get another tourist visa in France,were you denied or didn't have time ?

Edited by stoneyboy

No - it would be my first time in Vientiane...

I didn't even ask for another tourist visa in France, because apparently you can only spend 180 days a year... I don't know, everybody (not on this forum) told me not to bother...

But since I'm always coming back home every 2/3 months maybe visa runs are the best option?

What do you think?

thx

f

No - it would be my first time in Vientiane...

I didn't even ask for another tourist visa in France, because apparently you can only spend 180 days a year... I don't know, everybody (not on this forum) told me not to bother...

But since I'm always coming back home every 2/3 months maybe visa runs are the best option?

What do you think?

thx

f

There is no 180 days rule but it is true that in France it is difficult to secure back to back tourist visas.

Whether you would get another visa exempt entry(VEE) would be dependent on what is already in your passport.

Attempting to stay in Thailand using serial VEE's is a bad idea and will result in unwanted attention from immigration who will want to know what you are doing and how you are funding yourself.

Obtaining a tourist visa from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in a nearby country would be the best solution.

Edited by johnatong

I understand... the problem is that I don't have enough blank pages on my passport for another tourist visa...

The other issue is that i'll go back to France beginning of June - so I don't need more that a couple of extra weeks - I was thinking I could:

1) get another 30 days stamp to extend my VEE until may 20th

2) do only one visa run around may 18th to come back to BKK on one last VEE

3) go back to France beginning of June and get a brand new passport

4) next time I'll go directly to a language school and get an ED visa - I actually DO want to learn the language - and I should be fine for a year or 2?

What do you guys think?

I understand... the problem is that I don't have enough blank pages on my passport for another tourist visa...

The other issue is that i'll go back to France beginning of June - so I don't need more that a couple of extra weeks - I was thinking I could:

1) get another 30 days stamp to extend my VEE until may 20th

2) do only one visa run around may 18th to come back to BKK on one last VEE

3) go back to France beginning of June and get a brand new passport

4) next time I'll go directly to a language school and get an ED visa - I actually DO want to learn the language - and I should be fine for a year or 2?

What do you guys think?

1. No problem. Less than half a page to do it.

2. No problem. You will loose a full page for a Lao visa on arrival.

3. Good

4. Perhaps enroll in a school before leaving and try to get your non-ed visa in France. If no ED visa perhaps a single entry tourist visa with a clean passport. No time here shown in it.

Two years on an ED and only studying Thai might be a stretch now. One and a half without a problem.

An american mate was recently refused at Nong Khia Friendship bridge because he only had 1 blank page and 1 blank side,he was told he needed 2 full blank pages,so he is now waiting for a new PP,

He is now on overstay,so dont leave it to late before you try,,