McDonald's fast-food chain store admits rat at its Hat Yai store

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have been closed down immediately by Mcdonalds and Thai health inspectors..but probably isn't any ! Either way it should not be allowed to trade till it's had a complete clean bill of health and extermination and procedures put in place. Sounds like they just carried on !!! TiT

BINGO!

McDonalds is full of crap. If this happened in the developed world, the location would be closed until all health hazards were removed and past inspection by reps from head office. Because McDonalds can get away with this behaviour in Thailand it does so. Nice double standard.

It is said that why you are in Manhattan, you are never more than 10 feet away from a rat. There are more rats than people apparently. If you walk around later in the evening and look at the trash on the sidewalk, you see the trash bags moving as the rats move around inside them. Shake a bag and as many as 6 rats jump out.

What sewers ? they mean the storm water drains which should be unavailable for rats to travel into the premises as the sewers

go into a septic tank.

Also impossible through kitchen waste outlets if the have incorporated a grease trap.

They may though, get dressed up & wander in through the tradesmens entrance of even have the gall to come in through the front door.... Difficult to stop

This could solve the obesity problems all over the world , just release some rats and let them play inside McD , people will avoid McD like the plague. Problem solved.

Hat Yai = Rat Yai

FYI, a poster named 'ratcatcher' made that joke already, Sir, but you didn't read the thread, apparently.

Incidentally Yai means big, so Rat Yai would translate as Big Rat.

Actually I find rats to be rather cute animals. Much cuter than a lot of humans, intelligent, far less vicious/nasty/belligerent, and definitely quite social. I wish rats would post comments on this Forum more often.

You probably like the movie, "Ben"...right?

I thought we would see some rats in the wife's corn field's but I suspect the local rat catchers have been around without asking permission....same as they do fishing the dams without permission!

I have noticed the flour covering the bake-off bread in tesco has the same distinct musky smell as the one that surrounds cockroaches. That makes me really worried. Feels like perhaps they are laying eggs and walking around in the flour.

Would be par for the course at many Thai places.

Rats are in most, if not all food processing plants.. In the U.S.!!

The quality controlling is just that.. They control the unstoppable rat population..

Every morning, there will be rats trapped/killed... That's the best that can be done...

But something needs to be done... No way should hundreds of rats be in any McDonald's - day or night...

Would be par for the course at many Thai places.

Rats are in most, if not all food processing plants.. In the U.S.!!

The quality controlling is just that.. They control the unstoppable rat population..

Every morning, there will be rats trapped/killed... That's the best that can be done...

But something needs to be done... No way should hundreds of rats be in any McDonald's - day or night...

Nothing you have said contradicts my earlier assertion.