English In Thailand

mbkudu

For penzman

madsere Posted: Fri 2004-04-16, 16:39:20  

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,539

QUOTE (dr_Pat_Pong @ Thu 2004-04-15, 21:39:49)

QUOTE (madsere @ Thu 2004-04-15, 11:00:43)

Patpong,

Just like not all asians are Chinese, not all farangs are British or American. I'm not, so what's USA and UK have to do with my visa in Thailand? 

Getting a visa in my country was a matter of routine for my wife, no financial guarantees required, no degrading interviews, nothing like the horror stories from the UK/US embassies.

In any other country I would complain - usually with success - at the appropriate authority ... but as we all know that would be counter productive here, so allow us at least to use this forum to vent our frustration without starting to call us racists! 

Is your nationality a secret ? Share with us. We all want to know about your visa generous country. And I was talking about de facto residence in Thailand by using back to back tourist visa's. Does your country permit that too ?

Patpong,

I prefer not disclosing my nationality on this forum. In western countries I have the freedom to say what I like without having to fear retribution, but you know well that is not the case here. Suffice to say I am from continental Western Europe.

:o ahum,

I said mai kao jai as if i did not understand english, not the original post....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because .. well maybe I'm not. Gosh, it must be terrible to be so nosey^h^h^h^h^hcurious.

Don't worry, Madsere. There are at least two of you.

Judging by Penzman's reaction,... :D:D

:o As I said before... Ahum, I said mai kao jai as if I did not understand English, not the original post