British PM David Cameron denies any offshore interests

webfact

British PM denies any offshore interests

606x341_329144.jpg

LONDON: -- British Prime Minister David Cameron has denied he or his family gain any additional income from offshore funds.

The leaked ‘Panama Papers’ indicate his father Ian had set up an investment fund with the assistance of the Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca.

Speaking in Birmingham the prime minister said:
“I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, that we now let out while we’re in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that”

The documents detail that Ian Cameron, who died in 2010, was one of five directors of Blairmore Holdings, which was registered in the Bahamas to protect it from British tax laws.

The Labour Party has called for an inquiry into the allegations and leader Jeremy Corbyn expressed his desire to see an end to tax havens: “This week the publishing of the Panama Papers drives home what more and more people feel, quite simply it’s this; It’s one rule for the rich and one rule for everybody else. And it’s therefore high time that we got tough on tax havens.”

The Labour leader says he will make public his tax returns and called on the prime minister to publish his.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-06

British PM denies any offshore interests

I think it's a sad state of affairs and an indication of the witch hunt culture endemic in politics where a Prime Minister has to deny his innocent hobbies such as seal watching and banana boat riding. Edited by mca

The Labour leader says he will make public his tax returns

Expenses

Feed for one horse and routine maintenance on 1 cart.

1 jar of pickled onions ( slightly soapy)

1 cast iron bathtub.

Living expenses for son and employee Harold

1 pair of false teeth ( second hand)

LONDON: -- British Prime Minister David Cameron has denied he or his family gain any additional income from offshore funds.

No he did not. He avoided the question, like all good politicians.

Cameron replied equally carefully:

Sure. Look, the investigation we need, first of all, is for HMRC, our tax authority, to use all the information that is coming out of Panama to make sure that everything is done, to make sure that companies and individuals are paying their taxes properly...

In terms of my own financial affairs, I own no shares. I have a salary as prime minister and I have some savings, which I get some interest from and I have a house, which we used to live in, which we now let out while we are living in Downing Street and that’s all I have. I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/05/what-david-cameron-did-and-didnt-say-about-his-fathers-offshore-trust

Snakes in the grass the lot of them.

Cameron uses NLP techniques when he talks, "Sure", "Let me be clear", "Look", "we listened carefully", etc. Sadly this works on a large portion of the UK population.
When ever he starts a statement like this you know he is working on a manipulation of reality.

He has been caught out lying many times. Over the Tory manifesto, Child Tax Credit, Disabled Benefits, and over the economy, amongst other things. I see no reason to believe him now.

Blairmore Holdings fund was moved to Ireland when the Porcine-Fancier Cameron became PM. His father's aggressive tax avoidance through Blairmore Holdings has been known about for some time. It's not newly discovered information, and as such he has had plenty of time to realise that he was in the spotlight and hide any assets and benefits. Sadly no other politicians have pushed for him to come clean. well not the until Panama leaks.. The spotlight is on him now and there are enough tory back-stabbers ready to throw him in to the pigs' trough.

He needs to be transparent and publish full details of Blairmore..

I'm sure there'll be lots of interest in Close International Equity Growth Fund Ltd.

...................of course.................

..................not 'in my name'..........so I am telling the truth.......

....did you read about the guy who got 'life in prison' for stealing around $30 worth of candy......

The leak was funded/backed by a Soro's funded NGO. He is a man of great wealth that likes to destabilise the world to become richer. The leak was targeting Putin and Xi but may end up a boomerang that takes out Iceland's and the UK's PM'S instead.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-05/shots-fired-wikileaks-accuses-panama-papers-leaker-being-soros-funded-soft-power-tax.

Probably all accountants and lawyers should take monthly lie detection tests. We are all to blame for allowing succesive governments to construct such ludircously complicated tax regulation. I state what I earn. It is all documented. I pay 20% . Tha No allowances, no special circumstances, no deferred liabilities, no money earned in one country tax evaded in another. Not rocket science is it? Tax required to fund national 'spending' no problem with that. .Clearly too many people got nothing better to do than convolute the process.

PS. Does any individual as opposed to a company actually pay tax in Thailand. I don't know anyone poor or Hi-So that does

If he is like most western politicians then the payoff comes after he leaves office, Clinton and Blair being a textbook examples. Interesting that Soros seems to be behind the leak, he is someone that always has a self serving agenda. Interesting no US political names, they must all be impeccably honest? In other news Russian PM Putin says Russia will be releasing information from 1930 to 1989 which will prove very interesting.

The more political crooks found out the better, expect though that most will wriggle out.

All the Western top Pols. are psychopath's......everyone should consider the ramifications of this.....this scumbag and his counterpart sat in the White House are just errand boys of the Real nutjob Psychos who decide whether we as a species are going to exist or not.

Cameron uses NLP techniques when he talks, "Sure", "Let me be clear", "Look", "we listened carefully", etc. Sadly this works on a large portion of the UK population.

When ever he starts a statement like this you know he is working on a manipulation of reality.

He has been caught out lying many times. Over the Tory manifesto, Child Tax Credit, Disabled Benefits, and over the economy, amongst other things. I see no reason to believe him now.

Blairmore Holdings fund was moved to Ireland when the Porcine-Fancier Cameron became PM. His father's aggressive tax avoidance through Blairmore Holdings has been known about for some time. It's not newly discovered information, and as such he has had plenty of time to realise that he was in the spotlight and hide any assets and benefits. Sadly no other politicians have pushed for him to come clean. well not the until Panama leaks.. The spotlight is on him now and there are enough tory back-stabbers ready to throw him in to the pigs' trough.

He needs to be transparent and publish full details of Blairmore..

I'm sure there'll be lots of interest in Close International Equity Growth Fund Ltd.

He should join the PM of Iceland who objected to the bitter end till the people hit the streets in big numbers then the hand writing was on the wall. Like the pirates of old take them to the waters edge and tie them up at low tide. By the time the water reaches their necks we will know all their dirty little secrets. Cameron is just another wolf in sheep's clothing going through the motions of helping the little man when in fact he is taking away their social benefits and giving the money to the rich. You only get what you vote for sadly.

Edited by elgordo38

The man has been caught with his pants down/the water has been drained from the pool - Cameron's got no swimmers on. He mouthed off about the immorality of tax avoidance and now has to claim that he never knew his daddy was into it and his inheritance is based on it. Either that or call dear old dad an immoral shirker and himself and ignoramus. After all, no point now claiming that he personally doesn't own shares or Bank in the Bahamas. That's that's like saying that whist I certainly didn't personally rob the bank - I just shared the money from the robbery. Of course, campaigning on the notion that Capital's share of national income has to be increased and labor's share decreased doesn't make him seem so nice either. The British Ruling Class exposed in true form - clear and simple.

Now would be a good time to light a bonfire or build a big new shiny prison.

According to the BBC’s Norman Smith, Osborne was not particularly forthcoming when asked if he was the beneficiary of an offshore fund. He replied by saying that all his financial arrangements were declared in the register of members’ interests. When asked again about offshore funds he terminated the interview.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/apr/06/panama-papers-labour-says-cameron-seen-as-shady-following-unanswered-questions-politics-live

Now would be a good time to light a bonfire or build a big new shiny prison.

According to the BBC’s Norman Smith, Osborne was not particularly forthcoming when asked if he was the beneficiary of an offshore fund. He replied by saying that all his financial arrangements were declared in the register of members’ interests. When asked again about offshore funds he terminated the interview.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/apr/06/panama-papers-labour-says-cameron-seen-as-shady-following-unanswered-questions-politics-live

Osborne? that's the chap who was going to pay off the UK's debt by a a tax on warm Gregg's Pasties and instead tripled the debt and created the worst current account deficit since records began.. but he'll tell he is building a strong economy..

He wants to come clean about his family's Wallpaper business that hasn't paid tax in decades despite making massive profits.

Yet another snollygoster!

I don't trust him either, he's a born liar, and a scumbag!

Edited by MrTee

Osborne? that's the chap who was going to pay off the UK's debt by a a tax on warm Gregg's Pasties and instead tripled the debt and created the worst current account deficit since records began.. but he'll tell he is building a strong economy..

He wants to come clean about his family's Wallpaper business that hasn't paid tax in decades despite making massive profits.

Yet another snollygoster!

I don't trust him either, he's a born liar, and a scumbag!

A full list of what Osborne has registered.

Osborne, Mr George (Tatton)

3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources Name of donor: Countywide Developments Ltd Address of donor: 15 Hockley Court, Stratford Road, Solihull B94 6NW Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: helicopter flight to Forest of Dean Conservative Dinner; value £7,920 (inc VAT) Date received: 11 November 2015 Date accepted: 11 November 2015 Donor status: company, registration 028655432 (Registered 02 December 2015)

6. Land and property: (i) value over £100,000 (ii) rental income of over £10,000 a year Residential property in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 21 July 2011) 7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000 (cool.png Osborne and Little Group Ltd, a family business manufacturing and retailing fabrics and wallpapers. (Updated 18 October 2012)

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/160321/160321.pdf

Meanwhile, not only does the family business pay no tax.

Chancellor George Osborne's family business made £6 million in a property deal with a developer based in a tax haven, a Channel 4 News investigation has found.

Wallpaper firm Osborne & Little teamed up with a secretive corporation in the British Virgin Islands, to draw up plans to redevelop its former London headquarters into housing.

The companies jointly applied for planning permission for around 45 flats and houses, and once given the go-ahead, Osborne and Little sold its site to the offshore firm for £6,088,000.

A legal expert shown contracts obtained by Channel 4 News said Osborne & Little must have known the developer was based offshore, and had the potential to avoid millions in tax.

http://www.channel4.com/news/george-osborne-family-business-6m-deal-with-offshore-firm